Dr. Rasol Eskandari
Salford Business School
Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
Rasol has joined Salford Business School in March 2013. He has 12 years of experience in accounting and finance in both the financial markets and academia. Prior to joining the Salford University he was a post doctorate research fellow at The University of Bangor, in North Wales. Other than academic qualifications, he is an associate fellow of Higher Education Academy and ACCA part qualified.
His work experience is ranging from accountancy to management in financial sector and his academic experience covers lecturing a wide range of accounting and financial courses such as: financial markets and institutions, financial management, financial reporting, financial accounting and management accounting for both postgraduate and undergraduate levels. He also has been lecturing professional courses such as ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), CMI (Chartered Management Institute) and training courses for bankers and financial managers.
Areas of research
Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Asset Pricing, Financial Institutions, Credit Rating
- International financial management (Postgraduate)
- Advanced financial management (postgraduate)
- Accounting principles (Undergraduate)
- Management Accounting techniques (Undergraduate)
His research interests lie mainly within the fields of financial institutions management, corporate finance, corporate governance, financial markets, corporate failure and financial crisis.
- I am currently supervising doctoral students on the following subjects:
- asset pricing, investment banking, bankruptcy, bank performance.
- I would be interested in supervising future doctoral students in:
- Investment, financial crises and computational finance and corporate governance.
- ACCA part Qualified
- Associate fellow of Higher Education Academy