Dr. Iván García
School of Arts and Media
Associate Dean Academic (Student Experience)
I studied linguistics as an undergraduate at University College London and received a Ph.D. in linguistics from Stanford University in 2009. I’m a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a recipient of the Vice-Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award. I’m also a reviewer for the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA).
I have taught modules in Linguistics and English Language, including:
- Structure of English
- Language and Meaning
- Corpus Approaches to Language
- Language and Communication
- Pragmatics and Cognition
My areas of research are semantics, pragmatics, syntax, and their interfaces. I supervise PhD students working on these areas.
- BA in Linguistics (University College London)
- MA, PhD in Linguistics (Stanford University)
- PGCert in Higher Education (University of Salford)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain