Dr. Anna Wilson
School of Arts and Media
My professional work is in both the industry and arts sector. I work as an actor/performer and voice over artist, having worked for production companies such as the BBC and ITV. I have toured and performed internationally as a core member of multi-media theatre company Imitating the Dog, and have also performed and made work with Blast Theory, Plane Performance, DNA, Hauser, Small Change.
Areas of research
Participatory art, Immersive theatre, Democratisation, Theatricality, Interdisciplinary/Contemporary performance
I currently teach across all 3 years on the Theatre and Performance and Media Performance programmes on the following modules:
- Critical and Textual Studies (Level 4, module leader)
- Performance Skills: Movement (Level 4)
- Text and Performance (Level 5, module leader)
I also supervise Theatre Project and PRP students (L6) and teach / supervise on both the Contemporary Theatre Practice and Screen Acting MA courses. I have taught previously at Manchester Metropolitan University and worked as a visiting lecturer at Scarborough University on a practical residency project with students.
Participatory art, Immersive theatre, Democratisation, Theatricality, Interdisciplinary/Contemporary performance, Trans-diegetic performance
- MA, Contemporary Arts, Manchester Metropolitan University
- BA, Creative Arts, Manchester Metropolitan University Equity member
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy PhD, Lancaster University