Dr. Andreea Koreanschi
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Born in Romania, I have a PhD (2016) in ‘Aircraft optimization – Wing morphing technologies’ from the École de Technologie Supérieure, Montreal, Canada and MSc and BSc Engineering diplomas from the ‘Politechnica’ University of Bucharest in Aerospace Engineering and Computational Analysis for Aerospace Applications.
I have worked with Bombardier Aerospace and Thales Aerospace Canada during my PhD studies in an international multidisciplinary project.
Previous to my PhD, I have worked at the National Research Institute in Aerospace Sciences ‘Elie Carafoli’ in Bucharest.
Areas of research
Aircraft Aerodynamics, Aircraft Design, Morphing Aircraft, Aerodynamic Shape Optimization, Aeroelasticity
- Aerodynamics – Supersonic section
- Aircraft System Design
- Aircraft Design Enterprise
I conduct all level 6 Aerodynamic laboratory sessions
My research interests are (in no particular order):
- Aerodynamic optimization of aircraft components
- Aerodynamic design of wings,
- Unconventional flying bodies aerodynamics
- Aerodynamic application in urban environment,
- Aircraft design,
- UAV and PAV design and applications
All my research interests involve work with or development of simulation technologies such as CFD software
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy