School of Health and Society
Lecturer in Social Work
Amy is a qualified Social Worker with substantial local authority experience working with adults, predominantly in an early intervention and prevention team. Amy also has experience of working in a hospital setting and was involved with the local authority’s response to COVID. Amy is a qualified Practice Educator and has supported several students through their social work placements, sharing the knowledge and skills she has developed over her career.
Amy is the Programme Lead for the MSc Applied Social Work Practice. Amy is involved with the Greater Manchester Social Work Academy, working alongside the GM local authorities and other GM Universities to support pre and post qualifying social workers.
Amy teaches across the various Social Work programmes and is currently module lead for:
- MSc Consolidation of Professional Practice
- BSc Law and Policy for Social Work
- Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice
- MA Social Work
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- Registered with Social Work England
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy