Don't miss the ESRC Festival of Social Science - coming soon to Salford
We are excited to be partnering once again with the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), the University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University to host the ESRC Festival of Social Science from 22 October to 13 November 2022 across Greater Manchester.
The Festival is now in its 20th year and the main theme for this year is ‘My Local Area.’ This will be a celebration of any and all aspects of social science research that relate to the Salford city region and Greater Manchester more generally. We have a range of exciting events taking place across this period, run by researchers across the Schools of Health & Society and Arts, Media & Creative Technology respectively.
- ‘Postcards from Salford’ – a pop-up interactive event at two different venues to facilitate conversations about inclusive and accessible spaces in Salford on 26 October and 1 November.
- ‘Learning Sounds for Games with Minecraft’ – two workshops at MCUK inviting young people to develop a Minecraft world inspired by their local area
- ‘Autism Spectrum Disorder and Criminal Law’ – an online conference event aimed at professionals and those with an interest in ASD and other neurodevelopmental disorders
- ‘Uganda Virtual Wound Clinic’ – an online participatory event to address the challenges of wound care in low-resource settings
- ‘Not the Last Resort: Interprofessional Training Care Home Schemes’ – an awareness-raising event taking place at Manchester Piccadilly train station
- ‘Young People and Crime’ – a taster event on the Frederick Road campus for college students across Greater Manchester
- ‘Fence to Freedom: Photography of Place, Belonging and Citizenship’ – an exhibition and engagement event in New Adelphi building about the experiences of refugees and people seeking asylum in the Greater Manchester area
- 'Reproductive Coercion – Policy and Practice Across Contexts and Communities' - an online event including a video presentation and Q&A with a panel of professionals and academics
- 'Coercive Control and the Psycho Social Quicksand ModelTM – Implications for Local Practice in Prevention and Recovery' - an interactive educational online event including discussion led by a panel of experts
Other events are still being added to the calendar over the next couple of weeks, so please keep checking the ESRC Festival web pages for more detailed information and also for links to sign up to our listed events: https://festivalofsocialscience.com/events/partner/university-of-salford/
Professor Alison Park, ESRC’s Interim Executive Chair, said of the Festival:
“The ESRC Festival of Social Science offers a fascinating insight into some of the country’s leading social science research and its relevance to individuals, society and the economy. This year we are celebrating the festival’s 20th birthday with hundreds of free events across the UK, including at the University of Salford. We hope the events are enjoyable and inspiring.”
Details of all partner events can be found at: https://festivalofsocialscience.com/
You can also follow us @SalfordImpact #ESRCFestival
We look forward to seeing you there!
For all press office enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.