Are you looking for a popular music and recording course? Or are you an instrumental or vocal musician looking for a more traditional musical education? Do you want to gain experience using industry-standard facilities with the support of experienced tutors and technicians? If so, our music Clearing degrees are for you. Whether you have a passion for performing, or you want to embark on a career in the music industry, our UCAS music courses have you covered.
University Clearing Music Degrees
When you study music with us, you’ll call the £55 million New Adelphi building home. It’s where you’ll find state-of-the-art facilities and expert technicians who will help you make the most of your studies. Our full range of music facilities includes:
- Recording Studios – we currently boast six recording studios – all of which are big enough to accommodate both bands and brass ensembles. They contain everything from analogue recording hardware and tape machines, to extensive microphone collections, a large selection of drum machines and a diverse array of software platforms
- Computer Suite – our 26 work stations are equipped with licences for all of the software we teach. Current software provision comprises of Logic X, Pro Tools, Ableton, Max MSP, Sibelius and Soundtoys. There is also a huge selection of Universal Audio and Waves plug-ins that are available across all studio spaces
- Studio 9 Composition Lab – this studio space is equipped with an impressive range of hardware, including synthesizers like DSI OB6, Korg MS20, Roland Juno 106 and Korg Volca FM. The space is also acoustically treated and equipped for 5.1 mixdown
- Performance Spaces – our performance assessments, public concerts and masterclasses take place across a number of spaces, both on and off-campus. We operate a high-quality modular PA system which is employed across Peel Hall, the New Adelphi Theatre and Atmosphere
Our music Clearing courses are also designed to give you the opportunity to network with industry leaders across the city, and we often invite guest speakers to share their experiences. We’ve previously welcomed the Buffalo Brothers, Tom Leah, Jostine Loubser and Jason Brown, and our programmes also have direct links with a range of professional institutions – including BBC Philharmonic, Islington Mill, Manchester International Festival, Halle Orchestra and the National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain.
Music Clearing Places
We offer a range of UCAS music courses, allowing you to tailor your studies to your interests and career goals. From composition and recording to producing music for film and radio, we have a range of university Clearing music degrees to suit you:
BA (Hons) Music: Musical Arts
Are you an instrumental or vocal musician looking for a more traditional musical education? If the answer is yes, our musical arts degree is the right choice for you. This music Clearing course will give you the opportunity to study established practices from a broad range of perspectives, developing technical and creative skills alongside academic study. Focused on providing the hands-on experience needed for a professional career in music, you’ll also perform regularly in the department’s acclaimed ensembles, contributing to a varied and extensive annual concert series.
What’s more, this classically oriented music degree is renowned for producing highly successful graduates in the fields of composition, conducting and performance, with alumni including Nigel Clarke, Joe Duddell, Paul Lovatt-Cooper, Ben Richeton and Glyn Williams.
BA (Hons) Music: Popular Music and Recording
Are you serious about a career in the music industry? Do you want to develop your technical and creative music skills while working on creative projects? If you choose to join our popular music and recording degree, you’ll embark upon your personal journey towards professional musicianship, enhancing your performance, composition and recording skills while deepening your knowledge of how the industry works.
You’ll receive musical tuition in the instrument of your choice, get to grips with the essentials of studio recording and expand your experience of performing in both solo and ensemble settings. What’s more, you’ll also take part in masterclasses led by established professionals, providing you with invaluable insights into what it’s like to work in the music industry.
“This course allows you to study what interests you most and specialise in the areas where you excel. The great staff and student team will guide and encourage any budding composer, producer or instrumentalist. If only there was a time machine to go back and do it all again!”
- Lawrence Barker, BA (Hons) Music: Popular Music and Recording
Our Popular Music and Recording course has been ranked number one in the North West, and number two in the UK in the 2021 Guardian university league tables.
Clearing is now open and you can apply for one of our music Clearing courses as soon as you have your results.
To learn more or apply, contact our friendly team on 0300 555 5030. Calling is the fastest way to secure your place at Salford, so contact us today. Alternatively, you can also apply online.
If you don't have your results yet but are interested in starting a course at Salford, sign up to our Early Access Club today. By signing up you'll get priority access when you call us, plus expert advice delivered straight to your inbox.