Food Outlets and Specialty Food
Getting the food you love makes a massive difference to your quality of life. Find out more about our campus food outlets below, and some advice on where you can get specialist food locally.
With Salfood outlets spread across the campus you are never far away from a fresh coffee or a light bite. They operate our Student Stores, Subway, hospitality services across campus and cafés.
Find out more about what Salfood offers and where to find them
Atmosphere Kitchen & Bar
Our Students’ Union run Atmosphere Kitchen & Bar in University House – a venue with separate bar and café areas to accommodate for all audiences. They have plenty of seating and a menu inclusive of all dietary needs.
Find out about Atmosphere Kitchen & Bar
Salford and Manchester are hugely diverse cities and you should be able to find what you want in terms of restaurants, cafés or places to buy your supplies. The list below isn’t exhaustive. We’re not recommending or endorsing these outlets, but it might give you a start in terms of finding you what you need.
Supermarkets in Salford
- Tesco Extra, Pendleton Way, Salford
- Salford Shopping Centre – Aldi, Farmfoods, Iceland, Heron Foods
- MediaCityUK – Booths
Specialist food outlets
- Salford Afro-Carribean Food Store – 225 Eccles New Road, Salford
- Kobolo Kosher Food shop – 28 Wellington Street East, Salford
- Halpern’s Kosher Food Store – 57-59 Leicester Road, Broughton, Salford
- Kashmir Mart – 12-16 Bury Old Road, Manchester
- Chinese Quarter, Manchester City Centre (around Charlotte Street / George Street) – a number of supermarkets including Siam Smiles, Woo Sang, Hang Won Hong, Wing Fat
- Worldwide Foods – 401 Great Western Street, Manchester
- Global African Ltd – 78 Hulme High Street, Manchester
- Middle East Mini Market – 235 Wilmslow Road, Manchester