Imminent Risks to Other People

If you are worried that someone is at risk of harm and are concerned for their welfare, you can contact police non-emergency on 101. The police can organise a welfare check (if they feel this is necessary) and can also alert other services such as social services. 

This should then result in appropriate action on issues such as professional practice review if the person is in a relevant profession, or their training is regulated by a professional body.

If you do report concerns like this and they involve our staff or students, you can let us know about it at Report and Support. We will take any appropriate steps in relation to the information you provide but may not be able to inform you of this due to the requirements of confidentiality.

Imminent eviction, homelessness or financial hardship

For housing problems during service hours, you can talk to askUS and they may be able to help.  Otherwise the organisation Shelter offers online advice and also a helpline.

If you are in financial hardship talk to the askUS team.  Food banks are available however you may need a referral – see more information here.