Health and Mental Health Concerns and Injuries

If you are seriously hurt or unwell, including if you are feeling suicidal, go to your nearest Accident and Emergency department, or call 999 to ask for an ambulance.  Salford Royal Hospital M6 8HD and Manchester Royal Infirmary M13 0HY both have Accident & Emergency departments.

Papyrus provides dedicated support for people under 35 who are feeling suicidal 10am-10pm weekdays, 2pm-10pm weekends, 2pm-5pm bank holidays.  Call +44 0800 068 4141, text 07786 209 697 or email

If you are feeling in severe mental distress you can also contact:

  • Your G.P. (doctor)
  • The University of Salford Student CareFirst line which provides 24-hour emotional / counselling support provided by CareFirst. Calls can be made to +44 (0)800 970 1080

If you have a less serious but still urgent health problem, you can call the National Health Service advice line on 111 or use 111 online.

If you’ve run out of your prescribed medicines, find out how to get an emergency prescription.

Find emergency contraception services.