Salford Support Fund
The Salford Support Fund is used to assist UK students who are experiencing exceptional financial difficulties during the academic year and/or are considering leaving higher education because of financial problems. The Fund was created to enable you to achieve your potential at university.
We can provide non-repayable awards to students experiencing hardship as a result of ongoing financial difficulties or one off, unexpected essential expenditure through the Fund. It’s intended to help with essential living costs or unexpected financial emergencies only and cannot be used to assist with non-priority debts such as credit card or personal loan repayments. The Fund can’t be used to pay tuition fees.
Each application is assessed individually against set criteria and is based on evidence provided. There is no guarantee that an applicant will receive funding and there is no automatic entitlement to a payment from the Fund.
The Salford Support Fund is a cash-limited fund that is subject to early closure in the event of funding coming to an end.
Types of awards
- Standard: an assessment of income against allowable expenditure will be carried out to see if you are eligible for an award
- Non-standard: considered when you don’t qualify for a standard award but have unexpected expenditure during the year resulting in hardship
Applying for the Salford Support Fund
- You must be a UK student
- You can study full- or part-time and be an undergraduate or a postgraduate student
- If you are a postgraduate student or a part-time undergraduate student, you must be able to show that you have made reasonable adjustments to support yourself during your studies
- You must have accessed all other sources of funding available to you before making an application, e.g. funding from Student Finance, your savings, financial support from family, utilising any overdrafts available to you
The Salford Support Fund opens for applications at the start of the academic year and closes when funds run out. For more specific dates, head to the Student Hub.