Salford Education Technology Fund
The Salford Education Technology Fund has been established to support those students who have no access to, and cannot afford, a laptop for study use . Successful applicants will be able to select a laptop from a restricted range available through the University’s nominated supplier. The scheme is open to all new and returning full-time and part-time University of Salford students who have registered for a foundation course, any year of an undergraduate course, any year of a postgraduate (taught) programme and any postgraduate (research).
The Fund is available across all three trimesters during the year but you can only receive an award through the Fund once. If you are unsuccessful then you are able to apply at the next intake, but as each application session opens, priority will be given to those students who are newly registered. You can also continue to use laptop loans through the Library.
The Fund is segmented to maximise the opportunity for eligible students from all intakes to have an equitable opportunity to take part in the scheme. Each eligible student is assessed based on the process described below. If your application is successful you will receive an email via your University of Salford email address. You will then be notified by the supplier who will provide a link to their website where you will be able to select a laptop which will be posted to your UK address.
The award can only be used to purchase goods from the XMA product range and no special requests for items outside that range can be made.
Programmes not included are degree apprenticeships and students on programmes delivered by partner colleges (Salford City College and Hopwood Hall).
The fund is now open until 7th February:
Awards will be made available based on information gained through completion of the application form. Applications will be prioritised based on considerations including the University’s priority groups in the Access and Participation plan as set out below
To be eligible for the award, you must complete the application which allocates points based on your personal circumstances. You can still apply if you are not a member of any of these groups. Please read the terms and conditions for definitions of these groups.
- Clinically extremely vulnerable or cohabiting with, or carer of someone in that category
- Parent / carer
- Commuter student
- Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic students
- Care experienced
- Sanctuary seeker
- First in Family
- Lower household income
In addition, you must:
- Have registered for and be registered for an eligible full-time or part-time undergraduate course offered by the University of Salford at any level to be delivered by the University at its main campus. This includes those students on a Higher National Certificate (HNC) course and Level 3 Foundation courses.
- Provide your University email and roll number as part of the application.
Those not eligible:
- Students deferring entry – this award has been introduced in response to the global pandemic and, dependent on the circumstances. Students studying on a degree apprenticeship course
- Students studying with partner organisations for a University of Salford award, including foundation year (applicable for 2020/21)
To find out more, email SES-SETFund@salford.ac.uk.