Skip to main content

Letter requests

Due to the current situation regarding COVID 19, we are working remotely and our student letters are being produced in a slightly different way.  We are unable to produce hard copies of letters but can produce an electronic letter to confirm you are a current registered student. This will be emailed to your student account.  We aim to produce letters within 3-5 working days.  Please note, if we need to contact your School to confirm any additional information you require this may add to your wait.

See below for the link to order your electronic letter.

Important information below – please read before requesting a letter.

Letter types

The University of Salford offers the following standard types of letter for current registered students:

  • Proof of study - this letter confirms that you are a student at the University of Salford. This is a general purpose letter and can be referred to as a 'to whom it may concern' letter.      
  • Greek national letter - this letter confirms that you are a student at the University of Salford and that your programme is being taught in English and can be used for the Greek Authorities. Please note: for Greek national students only and this letter will be written in English, not Greek.      
  • Bank - this letter proves that you are a student at the University of Salford and can be used to open a bank account. Please note some Santander accounts may not require a letter, please check with them before requesting.  
  • Proof of study showing tuition fee payments - this letter confirms that you are a student at the University of Salford and how much you have paid/owe in tuition fees. If you require a letter showing your fee amount for next year, please state this in the additional information box      
  • Council Tax Exemption Certificates - this letter should be provided to your local council to ensure you do not get charged Council Tax. This letter should be given to Council when applying for an exemption. You will, however, receive a copy of this to your student email when you register. Please check there before requesting this certificate. The University of Salford will only issue replacement certificates where students have moved address or those relating to a previous academic year.      
  • Proof of study showing graduation dates (not currently being produced) - this letter confirms that you are a student at the University of Salford and shows when your Graduation celebration event will be held . This letter can be used to invite relatives and friends to the UK for graduation. Please note: these letters are only available around the Graduation period and are for students in their final year of programme only.

Current Students  

Request your electronic letter here

  • You will need to log into the Advantage system using your current network username and password in order to request a letter. If you cannot remember your username or password, please contact ITS on 0161 295 2444 or email    
  • You will need to carefully read the types of letter offered and also the academic year you wish your letter to relate to (information located on this page) before clicking the request a letter button.      
  • For any queries please contact askUS.      

English Language Programme Students (ELP)

  • Please ensure that you do not request a letter in place of a CAS Reference Number for your new course. In these cases, please contact

Accommodation charges

  • If you live in Campus Living Villages accommodation (Peel Park Quarter, John Lester or Eddie Colman Court ), please contact your CLV site office for a statement of account.      

Former Students

  • Former students will need to order an academic confirmation letter from our online shop here.

The University operates a self-service facility for the maintenance of student address details; the University cannot be held responsible for incorrectly recorded postal addresses.