Applying and studying at university can be a challenge for any student, but for those who are seeking sanctuary or been granted refugee status in the UK, there can be many legal and emotional challenges as well. This is why the University of Salford works in partnership with local and national organisations, to ensure that we can offer effective support for these students.
All sanctuary seeking students, those with humanitarian protection and those with refugee status (not just Article 26 students) can talk to a student adviser, just drop us an email to get in touch.
- Education for All: A guide to Universities
- UKCISA: Student Finance for International Students
- Salford Refugee Forum
- Dignity at Work and Study Policy
- Sanctuary Seeker's FAQ
- SW Educational Support for refugees - provides grants & scholorships for eduction
- Family Action provides practical, emotional and financial support
- Student Loans - Non-UK Nationals who have lived in the UK a long time
- Support, Advice and Legal representation for young people in difficulty
Article 26 Scholarships
Article 26 Scholarships are now CLOSED!
Please note that the applications closed at midday on Friday 17th May 2019. Shortlisting will take place after this date and you will be informed if you have been successful by Friday 24th May. Interviews will take place in June.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for support
t: 0161 295 0023
Please email if you would like to book an appointment