Blackboard is the University's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used to support teaching and learning.
Students use Blackboard to get course announcements, access module learning materials, eSubmit work for marking, and to join online lectures and seminars.
You can access Blackboard by web browser or mobile app. Sign into Blackboard with your University email address and password. If you are already logged into your Office 365 account, you will find that clicking on any Blackboard link will take you directly into it. Take a look at its layout and tools with our tour video.
Guidance for engaging with online learning
To help you get the most from your studies, the University has produced Online Learning Guidance outlining how you are expected to engage with and conduct yourself in an online learning setting.
This allows you to access your Blackboard modules and:
- read module announcements
- review lecture and seminar materials
- participate in discussion board topics and messages
- view grades for assignments you have submitted
- join online lectures and seminars.
Download the app
- Visit the app store for your device and search for Blackboard.
- Select and install the Blackboard app, which features a pencil on a blue background.
- Open the app and enter University of Salford.
- Login with your University email address and password.
- You will then see the Activity Stream with the latest announcements and messages for your course.
For submission advice and guidance (including help using Turnitin), please see your Assessment Support Module listed under your modules in Blackboard. This area contains the draft submission area for using Turnitin for text matching.