Advice on getting the best from our application system.
To get the best out of the application system, we recommend that you use the following browsers or mobile devices to complete your application:
PC or laptop:
- Microsoft Edge
- iPhone 13 or 14 (note that there are some known limitations with earlier versions)
- Android devices using Chrome
* If you are using a mobile device you may not be able to see the navigation panel, but you will still be able to complete your application in full. It is recommended where possible that a PC or laptop is used, to allow for a better user experience.
Setting up your account
Applications for your course are made through our online application system for which you will need to create an account. When setting up your account, please note that your password must be at least 9 characters and must contain characters from at least 3 of the following: uppercase (for example: A); lowercase (for example: a); digit (for example: 1) and non-alphanumeric (for example: ?!&).
Once you’ve set up your account you can complete your application, which we estimate will take around 30 minutes to complete. You can save your progress and come back at any time to complete the form. If you have any questions about how to apply, or if you have any difficulties using the online application system, please contact us on +44 (0)161 295 4545 or email email@example.com to speak to the Admissions Team.
What information do you need to supply?
During the application process you will need to provide your personal information and contact details, as well as your academic and work history. This allows us to see a full picture of your experiences to date and helps us and our admissions teams to determine whether you would be suitable for your chosen course. Alongside your details, we will need you to provide a number of pieces of supporting information.
These will vary from course to course, but some typical examples are below. You’ll find more information within the portal itself for your chosen course.
- A reference from someone who can comment on your suitability for your chosen course, and who has experience of your academic and extra-curricular achievements to date
- Transcripts or certificates demonstrating that you meet, or are likely to meet, the entry requirements for your course
- A personal statement – if you’re unsure how to prepare your personal statement, we would recommend you have a look at UCAS’s helpful guide
- If English is not your first language, you will need to show proof that your English language skills meets the standards required for your chosen course. Visit English language requirements for more information
- If you live outside the UK or Ireland, we’ll need to see a copy of your passport and student visa.
By supplying these documents along with your application, you’ll help us review your application as soon as possible. If you have not yet finished a course that is a requirement for your chosen course, you can still make an application now, and send us your results and certificate once you’ve completed the application.
UK and Ireland Residents
If you’re a UK or Ireland resident, we recommend that you submit your application at least six weeks before your course start date.
International students (Outside the UK or Ireland)
If you’re an international student, you may need to get a student visa. To make sure you have time to do this, you will need to apply promptly within our application deadlines. Depending on what intake you are interested in, you will need to adhere to specific application deadlines. Check our application deadlines for international students.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a notification email confirming that your application has arrived safely. This should arrive within around 5 minutes of your submission – please check your junk folder if you do not receive this notification.
We aim to respond to applications within five working days and any offer, or rejection, will be sent to you via email. If you have any questions about your application, you can contact the admissions team on +44 (0)161 295 4545 (and choose option 3) or on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information for international applicants
We welcome applications from candidates offering many different international qualifications. You can see how your current qualifications equates to the British system. Please note that we require translated copies of your certificates to be supplied with your application.
As an international student, it is likely that you will require a visa to study in the UK. For further advice regarding visa requirements please see our Visa information.