- Contact your GP for their out of hours services;
- Call the NHS on 111;
- Papyrus (support for people feeling suicidal, available 10am – 10pm weekdays, 2pm – 10pm weekends, 2pm – 5pm bank holidays): 0800 0684141, text 07786 209697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Samaritans (a free service to speak to someone about how you’re feeling, available 24 hours a day): 116 123 or email email@example.com;
- Sanctuary (offers a safe place to go at night, open from 8pm – 6am): 0300 003 7029;
- Nightline (a confidential listening and information service run for students by students. Available 8pm – 8am during term-time or you can email 24 hours a day, every day of the year to firstname.lastname@example.org): The number is on the back of your university ID card;
- CALM (support for men, available 5pm – midnight daily): 0800 58 58 58 or chat online at www.thecalmzone.net/help/webchat;
- University Security emergency number: 0161 295 3333;
- In an emergency you can call 999 for an ambulance or go to A&E.
This information is purely relating to mental health; if you need any other support see here: www.salford.ac.uk/askus/our-services.
Guidance for Students Reporting Sexual Assault
The University of Salford is committed to ensuring we do everything we can to provide a safe and supportive environment for all its students and to respond appropriately to incidents of sexual assault. We have developed a guidance document which you can download or print to help you understand the options available to you, whether or not you choose to disclose to anyone at the University or use any of our support services.
If you have any other questions or need support or advice, or would like to suggest any improvements to the guidance and support we offer, please contact the askUS: Enquiries service