Due to the current situation regarding COVID 19, we are working remotely and our student letters are being produced in a slightly different way. We are unable to produce hard copies of letters but can produce an electronic letter to confirm you are a current registered student. This will be emailed to your student account. We aim to produce letters within 5-10 working days. Please note, if we need to contact your School to confirm any additional information you require this may add to your wait.
See below for the link to order your electronic letter.
Note: We operate a self-service facility for the maintenance of student address details and the University cannot be held responsible for documents dispatched to incorrectly recorded postal addresses. You can update your address online.
Please note: The University of Salford does not, under any circumstances, issue letters immediately at point of request and we will not guarantee letters can be produced quickly for every circumstance.
We offer the following standard types of letter for current registered students:
- Proof of study - this letter confirms that you are a student at the University of Salford. This is a general purpose letter and can be referred to as a 'to whom it may concern' letter.
- Greek national letter - this letter confirms that you are a student at the University of Salford and that your programme is being taught in English and can be used for the Greek Authorities. Please note: for Greek national students only and this letter will be written in English, not Greek.
- Bank - this letter proves that you are a student at the University of Salford and can be used to open a bank account. Please note some Santander accounts may not require a letter, please check with them before requesting.
- Proof of study showing tuition fee payments - this letter confirms that you are a student at the University of Salford and how much you have paid/owe in tuition fees. If you require a letter showing your fee amount for next year, please state this in the additional information box
- Council Tax Exemption Certificates - this letter should be provided to your local council to ensure you do not get charged Council Tax. This letter should be given to Council when applying for an exemption. You will, however, receive a copy of this to your student email when you register. Please check there before requesting this certificate. The University of Salford will only issue replacement certificates where students have moved address or those relating to a previous academic year.
- Proof of study showing graduation dates (for Winter Graduation 2021) - this letter confirms that you are a student at the University of Salford and shows when your Graduation celebration event will be held. This letter can be used to invite relatives and friends to the UK for graduation. Please note: these letters are only available around the Graduation period and are for students in their final year of programme only.
- Log into the Advantage system using your current network username and password in order to request a letter. If you cannot remember your username or password, please contact Digital IT on 0161 295 2444 or email Digital-ITServiceDesk@salford.ac.uk.
- You will need to carefully read the types of letter offered and the academic year you wish your letter to relate to before clicking the ‘request a letter’ button.
Students on interruption or who have withdrawn
If you are on an interruption of study, you will have already received an interruption letter. If you wish for this letter to be reprinted, please contact SAemail@example.com.
If you have withdrawn from a programme of study, you will automatically receive a letter confirming your dates of study. If you have any issues, please contact SA-StudentRecords@salford.ac.uk.
English Language Programme Students (ELP)
Please ensure that you do not request a letter in place of a CAS Reference Number for your new course. In these cases, please contact salford-CAS@salford.ac.uk.
If you live in Campus Living Villages accommodation (Peel Park Quarter, John Lester or Eddie Colman Court), please contact your CLV site office for a statement of account.
Former Students and Graduates
Former students need to order an academic confirmation letter from our online shop.
If you have graduated from the University, you can request an Academic Confirmation Letter detailing your award for a charge of £10 from the online shop. Please note these letters will take 10 working days to process.
For queries relating to graduate/alumni letter requests please contact SA-StudentRecords@salford.ac.uk.