Over the years it has been proven that leaders within organisations who foster a positive work environment through culture and embrace everyone’s differences are more successful in reaching their business objectives and attracting the perfect candidates to achieve success through innovation.
This Level 7 Certificate in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion training programme, accredited by the Chartered Management Institute, with the University of Salford and delivered by Salford Professional Development is ideal for individuals and organisations looking to achieve success through equality, diversity and inclusion.
Through this training programme, delegates have the opportunity to learn from expert professionals with real-life experience in reviewing tools and approaches that are being utilised by leaders across all sectors to implement change and growth.
At a glance
Use code SPD10 at Checkout to receive 10% off your online booking
- Be able to demonstrate your knowledge and awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion
- Be able to examine the relationship between values, behaviors and strategic leadership
- Reflect on their own competence to lead strategic change and EDI agenda
- Complete the training with a professional development plan to support leadership development journey
- Be awarded 18 credits to help work towards a Masters level qualification
- Welcome, Introductions and Overview
- History and Societal Perspectives on Inequality
- Exploring what the terms Equality, Diversity and Inclusion mean
- An introduction to neurodiversity within the workplace
- Understanding your own biases both conscious and unconscious
- Moral, Financial and Legal Business Case for Equality
- Exploring EDI in Your Organisational Context
- Introduction to and exploration of different types of unconscious bias
- The relationship between culture and bias in an organisation
- How unconscious biases manifest in core organisational systems and processes including areas such as policy development, recruitment, talent management, career advancement and redundancy.
- Exploration of own organisational bias risk factors
- The interrelationship between the skillset and mindset to develop as a strategic leader of EDI
- Common oversights in EDI Approaches
- Identifying obstacles to change
- Creating a psychologically safe workplace to embed the desired changes
- Reflection on where your organisation is now
- Group work to develop your personal objectives/project back in the workplace
- Action plans and what next
Learners have two options for accreditation.
To receive the CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice, which accounts for 18 credits towards a Masters level qualification, delegates will be required to complete two assignments.
If you are seeking to achieve the Certificate you will complete two assignments the first focusing on 'strategic approaches to equality, diversity and inclusion'.
You will then complete one further assignment that demonstrates your knowledge and awareness of your personal and professional development journey.
The second assignment will require you to critically examine the relationship between values, behaviors and strategic leadership, before critically reflecting on your own competence to lead strategic change and the EDI agenda and completing a Professional Development Plan to support your onward leadership development journey.
To attain the CMI Level 7 Award in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, which accounts for 8 credits.
You will be required to complete one assignment that includes positioning your own organisational business case for EDI.
You will explore the role of data in identifying and understanding your own organisational responses to EDI and how effective data analysis provides a foundation for the development of your own organisations strategic EDI priorities.
Kate is a motivational leader and coach with over 33 years of experience in facilitating organisational design, development and transition for a broad range of companies, sectors and individuals. Kate is focused on helping companies understand that people are their greatest asset and in cultivating the environment and culture that enables leaders to raise their performance and deliver sustainable change. She also holds a wealth of board experience and is especially adept at venturing constructive challenges and building strong relationships between the executives and non-executives of a board.
Kate has a successful track record of working with a variety of stakeholders, to identify solutions to problems and implement strategies and operational plans - focused on the environment and culture that enables them to raise their performance and deliver sustainable change. She has a proven track record across a broad range of sectors and disciplines, developing strategic roadmaps for outstanding organisations including the University of York (a member of the Russell Group), Huntsman, ICI and British Rowing.
Salford Professional Development training facilities is located in Greater Manchester, just outside the city centre on The University of Salford campus at Adelphi House.
If you prefer face-to-face learning methods, receive personal one-to-one support from expert tutors and enjoy networking with like-minded professionals, our on-campus training cohorts may be the best option for you.
This programme offers virtual classroom learning dates to best suit those who have busy work/life schedule, are located outside of the United Kingdom or outside of the Northwest of the UK area and prefer online learning methods and networking.
In-House and Tailored Training
Our in-house and bespoke training options are perfect for organisations who are looking to upskill a group of professionals and prefer to have the training delivered on site from their location. We also offer the option to tailor course content to match the groups real life experiences they will face in their role and industry.
Would your organisation benefit from a course on unconscious bias or other topics related to EDI?
Salford Professional Development can help your business achieve its goals with our tailored course related to your topic needs and delivered and delivered in-house. Enquire today to see how we can help you.