Elevate your sales leadership skills with our comprehensive programme accredited by the Chartered Management Institute. Designed for sales directors, area managers, and team leaders, this course empowers you to develop, coach, motivate, and lead your team to success.
Led by an international business coach, Mark Bloomer, who specialises in leadership development and sales management. This course incorporates personality profiling, peer coaching, and feedback sessions. You'll gain invaluable insights into harnessing strengths and adapting your approach for remarkable outcomes. Dive into improving communication, analysing sales processes, and equipping yourself with the wisdom and skills to navigate the ever-changing business landscape.
Don't just aim for targets – be in control throughout your journey to excellence in sales leadership.
At a glance
Use code SPD20 at Checkout to receive 20% off your online booking
This programme has been designed for individuals with responsibility for delivering sales targets and performance through others. Leaders of sales teams, area managers or sales directors who must develop, coach, support, motivate, challenge, empower and hold their team to account.
Day 1 explores the leader’s responsibility to breed business success through the maximisation of your most valuable resource, your people.
Building on the results of the profiling tool the first day explores the requirement to understand self and others to enable reliable communication and connection, which delivers business growth and target achievement in line with defined company objectives.
- Explore personal internal and external strengths and uniqueness and how to leverage this to build a successful sales team and client relationships.
- Investigate the concept of leadership, considering what it means fur us individually and organisationally.
- Consider different leadership styles and the links between leadership styles, team motivation and performance.
- Introduce the concept of a coaching leadership approaches and techniques for sales leaders.
- The benefits of the GROW model and how sales leaders move from ‘telling’ to GROWing capability and capacity in their teams.
Day 2 considers the challenges participants are facing in their current operating environments. The group will analyse their current sales process identifying strengths and development areas before investigating tools, techniques and approaches to navigate the way to the next level of success.
- Consider how sales leaders secure the plan, engender visibility and select the most appropriate tools to ensure their team success.
- Reflect on approaches to strategy deployment and consider how a sales leader ensure they are aligned with the organisation’s objectives.
- Consider potential obstacles you could expect and how they can be mitigated.
- KPI’s versus Targets. The importance of knowing the difference and how they can guide us to success.
- We will consider the impact of waste (Muda) on our sales and wider organisational processes.
- The group will consider value add and what our customers are willing to pay for versus what we do out of business necessity and the impact this has on the delivery of sales outcomes.
‘Target achieved’ does not come from the last day of order entry in each period - It comes from being on track and in control throughout. We live in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, chaotic, ambiguous) world and even the best plans will face unexpected twists.
- We will explore current performance visibility and how we identify whether we are on track or off track and how can we make this easily spottable.
- We will investigate a range of tools and techniques which will be immediately deployable if the sales leader identifies that their team is ‘off track’.
- Delegates will explore how cultivating an attitude of curiosity when things are not working and approaching challenges positively can make a sales team stronger.
- Learn alternate approaches to problem solving by taking an in-depth look at the how world leading companies are tackling problem solving.
- Analyse sales processes and map out deploying taught concepts to build grater efficiencies before considering the importance of and to tools for engineering a fast-moving sales pipeline with efficient conversations.
The final taught day of the programme is all about putting what we have learnt into practice.
- Explore the ‘Sales Zone’ considering how sales fits into individual learners’ organisations and how organisational interdependencies affects sales and vice versa.
- The challenges of silo thinking and developing awareness so we can guard against it and promote collaboration.
- Through tutor facilitated group discussion and peer-to-peer challenge sessions delegates will begin to establish:
- A measurable development proposal
- Personal development plan
- Team development plan
- Examine the science of communication for sales leaders and its role in fostering stakeholder collaboration.
- The design and presentation of our individual ‘Sales Improvement Master Plans’
- The programme will conclude with a final peer group coaching and feedback session.
- Develop a deep understanding of self and others to enhance communication and connection in the context of business growth.
- Identify personal strengths and uniqueness, learning to leverage individual differences for team engagement.
- Explore coaching leadership approaches, including the GROW model, to transition from 'telling' to coaching for team capability and capacity growth.
- Learn to secure a sales plan, increase visibility, and select appropriate tools to achieve performance results.
- Understand the difference between KPIs and targets and their role in guiding the team to success.
- Explore the impact of waste (Muda) on sales processes and the benefits of waste elimination.
- Examine value-added activities and distinguish them from tasks performed out of business necessity.
- Enhance skills to monitor and identify performance gaps and adapt to changes in a volatile business environment.
- Develop strategies for maintaining performance visibility and recognising when the team is on or off track.
- Explore alternate approaches to problem-solving, emphasising root cause analysis and defect resolution.
- Address challenges related to silo thinking and promote collaboration within the organization.
- Create measurable development proposals, personal development plans, and team development plans.
- Explore the science of communication for sales leaders and its role in fostering stakeholder collaboration.
Mark is an International Business Coach specialising in leadership development, sales management and continuous improvement enabling today’s key players to secure successful and reliable results delivery in volatile and uncertain times.
Having supported global blue-chip companies for over 20 years, and with on-site coaching and facilitation in as many countries, he has a passion for maximising business growth through helping their executive leaders reach the highest degree of personal and team excellence.
As a keynote speaker and people developer for specialist topics including Presentation & Communication Skills and ‘Sales Flow Mastery’ Mark delivers a message that “A well-controlled and fast flowing sales pipeline will outperform a thousand leads every time”
Mark completed his business degree at Pretoria University (Gordon Institute of Business Science) during his 5 years living and working in South Africa where he operated as Sales Director for Africa and the Middle East gaining valuable cultural awareness and an appreciation of how businesses, and particularly the leaders that ensure their success, must continuously adapt, and evolve in order to flourish in a dynamic and everchanging world.
Assessment and Accreditation
The Assessment and Accreditation process follows the completion of the four taught days and will focus on the practical assessment of the core competencies. On completion of the accreditation delegates will achieve a CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership
Delegates will have the opportunity to complete a work-based management report which focuses on sales improvement, along with one other assignment on either coaching and mentoring or managing and leading individuals and teams to achieve success.
How can a CMI Leadership and Management qualification help your career?
Created in collaboration with employers, CMI qualifications are designed to provide learners with the tools, support and guidance needed to take on any professional challenge. The CMI Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management programme has been tailored specifically for Sales Leaders.
The CMI Level 5 Certificate accreditation is designed for practising managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core leadership skills. On successful completion of the CMI assignments following attendance on our programme, the learner will have a nationally recognised accredited qualification which will benefit you and your organisation.
- Over 80% of managers agreed their management and leadership qualification improved their performance and by transferring their new skills to the workplace, almost all have seen a vast improvement in their team’s performance.
- Over 81% of managers say that taking a management qualification has resulted in increased professional recognition, with most stating that employers prefer qualified managers when recruiting.