This Level 7 vocational qualification is designed for senior people seeking to develop themselves as leaders and managers, who recognise they must satisfy various stakeholders and who want to invest in their own personal brand. They are looking to make the best use of resources, understand the need to innovate and optimise performance. They may also have to present arguments for change, construct business cases, lead change implementation and evaluate the impact of that change.
At a glance
Distance Learning & Support
Learners will receive an ILM introductory presentation around four weeks before the event date and the opportunity to attend a conference call with our learning providers for support with the assignments.
- Know how to use an enquiry led evidence-based approach to develop your leadership and management capability.
- Develop and enhance your personal brand.
- Develop, implement and evaluate high-level, strategic, business cases.
- Embed your leadership and management development in real work.
- Impact on your employer.
- Senior leaders and managers who have the ability to think and act strategically.
- Senior leaders and managers who make informed evidence-based decisions.
- Motivated staff who can create and maintain a high-performance culture.
- Senior team members who are self-aware and take responsibility for self-development.
Learners will complete 1 project made up of 2 assignments to achieve this qualification:
Assignment 1: A 1000 word research proposal. Conduct top-level organisational analysis, resulting in a research proposal for an empirical study into a leadership and management issue within the delegate’s professional environment. This will outline the intended outcomes and approach for Assignment 2 (below).
Assignment 2: A 7000 – 10,000 word research report with recommendations. A robust data-driven enquiry within the delegate’s professional environment that adds tangible value to the organisation, and an evaluation of how this enquiry has added value to self and the organisation.