Mini MBA in Digital Innovation
Our Mini MBA in Digital Innovation course will take you on a five-day journey to explore, understand, experience and interact with the exciting idea of Digital Transformation in business. Through highly interactive and practical content the trainers will unveil a full picture of the current digital landscape. This programme will not only help you to identify where you and your business are positioned in these frameworks but also equip you with knowledge, cultural awareness, leadership skills and practical tools to build your own strategy to get where you want to be.
With real practical industry insights, you will also understand how to grow and develop an agile workforce that is both willing and capable of innovation.
Using case studies and an interactive approach, the programme is designed to encourage shared learning from your fellow course attendees and you will also be supported to work on your own digital strategy for your business throughout the five days.
At a glance
The Mini MBA in Digital Innovation will increase your understanding of how digital transformation can help identify new markets, bring increased competitiveness and improve the customer experience while reducing costs.
The programme is specifically designed to provide face-to-face teaching in a thought-provoking environment that encourages interaction, is heavily solution-oriented and gives an opportunity to fast-track through learning by using practical, real-life examples and case studies to ensure your invested time and money will return the best possible insights and take-away messages.
The Mini MBA in Digital Innovation course features a perfectly balanced agenda, delivered by trainers from both academic and business backgrounds, in collaboration with relevant industry speakers reinforcing the themes of the course. The course will lead you through the digital transformation process by a detailed exploration of current top-trend topics such as data analysis and technology tools, but also human factors such as change management and leadership qualities.
Tutor: John Palfreyman
On this day you will begin to map out your digital innovation journey - where are you now and where do you want to be? The day introduces key concepts, technologies and tools for reflecting on your business's current situation in relation to competitors, how to change and what to aim for.
- Assessment of the factors pushing businesses to innovate and understand what digital ways of working can do for your business.
- Emphasis on how technology is changing your business. people and customer expectations.
- Key concepts, technologies and tools to assess where your business sits in relation to your competitors - how to change and what to aim for.
- Initial assessment on where your business sits.
Tutor: Peter Bulkley
On this day you will learn the importance of data in finding new customers and markets. We look at the importance of people with change agent roles in the business, techniques for creating new products or services and ways of changing markets and using data for evidence-based decision making.
- What does it mean to be a data-driven organisation?
- What type of data can your business generate?
- The ethical and legal implications of becoming a data-driven business – GDPR, cyber-security.
- How data can help create new products or services and change markets.
- The importance of people as agents for change.
- Using data for evidence-based decision making.
- Using data to communicate internally and externally.
- Tools and techniques for using data in an effective and user-friendly way.
Tutor: John Palfreyman
On this day, our trainers will unveil the power of technology that will help drive transformation and innovation in your business.
- Understand and apply a strategically aligned, agile approach to digital transformation.
- Understand the business transformational value from selected mature and emerging technologies, illustrated by real-life case studies. Apply in real-life business scenarios.
- Deep dive into a specific case study – delivered by a leading industry guest speaker – to understand organisational transformation in practice.
- Discover how an incremental approach to experimentation and delivery can maximise strategic value from digital transformation.
Tutor: Joanne Clare
With the tools to bring change to an organisation, we consider the people and the skills that are needed. The day examines the focal points for change within the organisation, the types of leadership and control required to enable this change and the attributes required for new roles.
- The types of leadership needed to enable digital change.
- Identifying and developing “new” roles.
- Getting staff buy-in.
- Developing a culture of change – the importance of collaboration.
- The digital workplace.
- Cultivating a digital mindset.
- Impact of new technologies on people/recruitment/training.
Tutor: Peter Bulkley
On this final day, we bring together all the learning to consider existing business models for innovative products and services and then develop some individual innovative business modelling - drawing in the ideas and concepts of the course to consider the 'as is' situation for our own organisations and the future possibilities.
- What is innovation?
- Business models for innovation of products and services.
- Identifying opportunities and embracing innovation to move your business forward.
- Creating your new digital business model.
Jo Clare is a Leadership Development Consultant and Executive Coach, specialising in supporting organisations, teams and individuals to lead in times of transformation and change. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and an accredited Executive Coach (ILM L7 Diploma), Jo has over 20 years of experience in senior and strategic Organisational Development, Change Management and HR engagements, within a complex and highly regulated multi-national organisation that was embedding significant digital transformation.
Recent consultancy work has focused on developing authentic, strengths-based leadership approaches to support delivering change and transformation through culture and engagement within the University sector, Aviation and Tourism sector, the NHS and the Motor industry.
Jo is passionate about developing people and teams to identify, implement and deliver transformational change effectively. She champions engaging people to make a positive difference to organisational culture through aligned people, business and digital strategies.
John combines part-time non-executive director positions with supervisory and guest lecturing activities with the University of Leeds Business School. John’s full-time career with IBM - which concluded mid-2017 – was a mixture of leveraging digital technologies into government and public sector organisations around the world with the commercial exploitation of emerging technologies for business benefit, across all industries and geographies. Before IBM, John enjoyed a number of business leadership roles in professional information technology services in the UK and Germany. John’s current interests include the application of blockchain technologies for business benefit, strategic agility, digital transformation and the cultural enablers of organisational transformation. John is passionate about the appropriate application of technology to drive long term competitive advantage in the context of a long-term strategic plan.