An effective strategy will carry your business forward to where you want it to be. The Directors Strategic Programme is a two-day intensive course that will differentiate delegates from their peer group and enhance your career. The programme will introduce theoretical and practical research that explores strategic management as an economic science as well as a leadership practice and skill set. Delegates will explore effective strategy design and implementation, review current thinking around the core competencies, strategic change and the cultural dimension.
This module is part of The Directors Development Academy, other modules include:
At a glance
The Directors Strategic Programme is ideal for directors, c-suite executives, owner-managers and entrepreneurs, who are looking for an outstanding personal development opportunity to improve their performance and become more effective business leaders.
The two-day programme will cover the following areas:
The orthodoxy of strategy:
- Analysis of business objectives.
- Strategic Choice.
- The process of strategy implementation.
- Developing an agile approach to strategy that responds to changing operating environments.
Investigation of competency theory of strategic analysis:
- Strategic drift.
- Market and competitor analysis.
Competency theory and change:
- Perceived user value.
- Competency comparison.
- Strategic change and culture.
- Strategic ambidexterity - developing a more dynamic strategic process.
On completion of this programme delegates will have:
- Increased understanding of the language and dominant concepts in strategic management; orthodoxy.
- The ability to carry out a broad and deep strategic analysis of their own competitive space.
- Insight into their firm’s strategy, whether it's successful or not, and a view of strategic change goals short, medium and longer-term.
- Sound knowledge of advanced strategic change frameworks.
- A rich and deep appreciation of organisational culture and how it affects change.
- A strategy toolkit to be used in their current and future roles.
Andrew is focused on strategy and leadership with an emphasis on accelerating change. He was educated at Oxford and London universities.
He has more than 20 years of experience as an Independent Director and Consultant, working as a coach and facilitator with boards and senior leadership teams.
He was previously Consulting Manager at Mercuri Urval, Associate at Henley Management College and HR Director at General Accident (FTSE100 Insurer) with responsibility for strategic development and the senior leadership team. As a Chartered Director and Fellow of the Institute of Directors, he also served as a Non-Executive Director for businesses in the retail, fintech, insurance & manufacturing sectors.