The Directors Leadership Programme
Strong leadership is fundamental to the success of any business. The Directors Leadership Programme is a two-day intensive course designed to develop leaders’ to best manage risk, opportunities and influence change. This programme will introduce theoretical and practical research that explores human behaviour and the importance of self-awareness to any personal development journey. Delegates will explore current thinking around authentic, distributed leadership, psychometric testing and profiling, social psychology of influence for 2030 and beyond and coaching.
This module is part of The Directors Development Academy, other modules include:
Directors Governance Programme
At a glance
The Directors Leadership Programme is ideal for directors, c-suite executives, owner-managers and entrepreneurs, who are looking for an outstanding personal development opportunity to improve their performance and become more effective business leaders.
The two-day programme will cover the following areas:
- Self-awareness and leadership.
- What it takes to be a leader and how to become more self-aware.
- Growth mindset.
- Personal Leadership Journal.
- Personal change and your leadership practice.
- Personal short-term and mid-term leadership agenda.
- The orthodoxy of leadership.
- Leading and influencing – What do we mean? What do I need to be alert to?
- Adaptive Leadership and Grint's Problem Classification model.
- Leadership and me.
- Who I am as a Leader?
- Daniel Goleman's Emotional Intelligence.
- Who do others need me to be as a Leader?
- PWC megatrends.
- The latest leadership trends.
- Abraham Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- McClelland's Human Motivation Theory.
- Herzberg's Motivation Theory (Two Factor Theory).
- Social Psychology of Influence.
- Principles of influence (Cialdini).
- The latest trends are changing leaders across the world.
- Building effective networks - decision making and cognitive bias.
On completion of this programme delegates will have:
- Increased understanding of their own strengths, weakness and influence preferences
- Understand key debates around leadership from leadership as command and control all the way through to authentic, distributed models of leadership
- A filled in journal that will track the psychological / leadership profiling they have done as part of the two days
- A contemporary appreciation of their influence agenda for 2030 and beyond
Anne McCarthy - HR Director – Change Leaders – Non-Executive Director
Anne is a successful leader of change and is a passionate believer in setting people up to succeed. In her Royal Mail Career, Anne has worked with the CEO and her team to deliver transformational change.
- Designing and leading the people strategy to underpin Delivery Transformation focused on organisation design, learning and engagement touching 100,00 people.
- Leading Organisation Design for the HR Function.
- Changing the way Learning and Development were practised in the organisation.
- Designing and implementing a talent review for the top 200 operations leaders.
- Leading a £360m negotiation to reform operations in London.
Anne brings good energy to her work. She is renowned for understanding the business proposition first and applying HR practice to it. She stays up to date with current thinking and her trade mark it is to translate even the most complex change into simple communication which people can relate to.
A non-exec director, interim HR Director and Prince’s Trust mentor, Anne is now sharing her expertise across a broad range of business and not for profit organisations.