Digital marketing has never been more volatile. Search engines and social media evolve on a monthly basis, and established methods quickly become obsolete. It's not just the platforms that are evolving, it’s your customers. Consumers expect accessible on-demand services with excellent customer service.
As part of the University of Salford’s commitment to delivering the best digital training available, Salford Professional Development has created an intensive three-day Digital Marketing Skills course. The course is aimed at professionals who want to fast-track their understanding and gain hands-on skills in digital marketing. Particular emphasis is placed on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Google Ads, content marketing and social media. There is also an extensive module on Google Analytics to equip you with the skills to monitor, report and optimise your campaigns.
At a glance
For businesses of all sizes, the right digital marketing strategy will help you advertise to the right people at the right time and expand your customer base.
This course is designed to develop your digital marketing skills in all the core areas most commonly used by businesses and organisations. You will learn how to implement these techniques and manage the day-to-day digital marketing operations to build awareness, customer engagement and growth for your organisation.
The main focus of this digital marketing course is to give you practical knowledge and skills in website optimisation, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), PPC advertising, content marketing, social media, email marketing and Google Ads and Google Analytics to equip you with the skills to monitor, report and optimise your campaigns.
Overview of Digital Marketing
A quick review of digital marketing and the role the various element make within the overall marketing mix.
Understanding the key rules on getting your website to engage visitors and convert visitors into enquiries and sales.
- Planning your website structure
- Communicating your proposition
- Segmenting your audiences
- Structuring your pages
- The mobile experience
- Website optimisation and testing
Search Engine Optimisation
Learn how to get high in Google and other search engines, using tried and tested on-site and off-site techniques.
- Understanding how search engines work.
- The key ranking factors
- Assessing your website and competitors
- Key on-page optimisation techniques
- Introduction to off-page optimisation
- Building Google’s trust in your website
- Local optimisation
Find out how to measure, report and improve your customer journeys and your marketing campaigns through Google Analytics data.
- Understanding how it works
- The issues with the data
- Introduction to Conversion setup
- Reports to help you evaluate and improve your marketing activities
- Reports to help evaluate and improve your website
- Reports to help you understand your visitors
- Ecommerce reports
- Understanding attribution
Learn how to use content marketing to build customer engagement and loyalty.
- Creating personas.
- Strategy & content mix.
- Content platforms.
- Creating great content.
- Finding inspiration.
- Writing for the web.
- How to use blogs for business.
- Image and video creation.
- Promoting your content.
Learn the core rules to improve the effectiveness of your email marketing.
- The rules and the law
- Timing and planning
- Building lists and segmentation
- How to get a better open rate
- How to improve your click-through rate
- What does a poor email shot look like?
- What great email marketing looks like
Learn about the different platforms, the strategy and tips on how to build your customer engagement and loyalty through social media and social media advertising.
- Introduction to social media
- Social media strategy & rules for business
- Creating content and finding influencers
- Facebook marketing
- Instagram marketing
- Twitter marketing
- LinkedIn marketing
- Monitoring and management
Google Ads & PPC Advertising
Learn how to build highly targeted advertising campaigns in Google Ads and how to optimise these campaigns over time.
- Introduction to PPC advertising
- Audience targeting options and strategy
- Introduction to keyword research & targeting
- How to set up a Google Search campaign
- Key campaign optimisation methods
- Intro to shopping, display, video & remarketing campaigns
*The agenda may change depending on the requirements and prior knowledge of the attending delegates.
Martin Woodfield – Digital Marketing Trainer
Martin Woodfield is a leading marketing expert and keynote speaker. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and has over 30 years experience of working within the industry.
Martin is also a qualified and highly experienced digital marketing trainer with over 10 years’ experience running digital marketing courses and workshops.
He also provides digital marketing consultancy services to large multi-national organisations to start-up companies. He has worked some of the UK's most successful organisations, helping them to create and improve their Digital Marketing.
Martin runs courses in Digital Marketing, SEO, Analytics, Google Ads, Email Marketing, and Website Optimisation, and other courses.
Kathryn Dainty – Social Media Trainer
With 25 years in the media, her editorial experience at the Guardian and MEN informs her career as social media manager and trainer.
Today, Kathryn runs a wide range of social media accounts, as well as working as a content creator, for private, public, and charity sector clients across the North West.
Kathryn has run Social Media courses for 10 years working.