Digital Marketing Strategy Course
Salford Professional Development’s brand-new Digital Marketing Strategy course is designed to provide participants with sufficient knowledge and experience in marketing to start thinking more strategically by incorporating emerging digital marketing trends.
The course aims to enable you to systematically develop a digital marketing strategy by using emerging technology trends such as machine learning and data analytics. The course will highlight the four major components of digital marketing strategy (customer, channel, content and data) and how businesses can use it to develop unique selling propositions. This programme will enable delegates to build digital customer profiles, perform marketing analytics, enhance a customer journey experience and increase web traffic by optimising their SEO and social media strategy.
At a glance
The Digital Marketing Strategy Course will explore the digital context in the contemporary business landscape, discovering the trends businesses can take advantage of to become more competitive or even get ahead of the competition. This programme will then examine different aspects of marketing through a digital lens, such as internal and external communication, consumer segmentation, brand positioning and many others. It will bring all those elements together and enable the delegates to work on their strategy – including the design, implementation and evaluation of its effectiveness.
The course incorporates two days of virtual classroom tuition, followed by the option to achieve an officially recognised qualification in Digital Marketing Strategy Development accredited by the DMI. The qualification is achieved by attending the two-day virtual live classroom days followed by completing the self-paced e-learning module after the classroom days (24 weeks to complete 15 hours of additional learning).
Day 1 – Marketing in the age of Digital media – How Big data, customers and digital channels inform marketing strategy
- Discussion: The rise of Digital Marketing in the age of Covid-19 and Nationalistic centric global economic order (e.g., Brexit, America First)
- Digital marketing strategy informed by organisational vision and objectives
- Integrating Marketing: The rise of Omni-Channel Communicational Approach
- Digital Business Models
- Big Data: The driver of a business marketing strategy
- Market Research: social media listening, customer reviews, online surveys, online competitive analysis
- Data analytics tools: (Google Analytics, Hootsuite, BuzzSumo, Ubersuggest, Similarweb, Jungle Scout)
- Making conclusions from data
- Digital Customers: Motivations and expectations
- Buyer personas
- Mapping Customer Journey (online and offline)
- Online relationships and loyalty
- Researching the online customer
- The post-literate consumer
- Digital Devices (desktops, laptops, mobile phones, iPad, Apple Watch)
- Digital Platforms (are they all same?)
Day 2 – Digital technologies; Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Introduction to Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Keywords analysis and traffic building through SEO
- Artificial Intelligence: answer engine optimisation, bots, image recognition)
- Cloud Computing (Time + Place Independence = Mobile working)
- Internet of Things (Siri, where is my Husband?)
- Introduction to Content Marketing
- Content creation and development
- Content Implementation and Delivery
- Case study (Content in the Age of Digital Disruption and Covid-19)
- Designing and implementing your marketing strategy:
- Integrated Marketing Plan
- Situational analysis
- SMART Objectives
- To explore Digital Marketing Strategy (DMS) and its growing importance in the post-Covid/Brexit world
- To investigate the effectiveness of digital Channels, Content and Data and how they inform digital marketing strategy
- To identify emerging technological trends - machine learning, internet of things and data analytics - and how they are reshaping DMS and enabling businesses to identify and engage customers
- To understand the digital customer journey and how it is helping businesses to identify online value propositions and remain competitive in the market
- To refocus on offline marketing and develop integrated marketing communications to cater for both online and offline customers
Martin has worked in the marketing industry for 31 years. For the first part of his career, he worked client-side for various major motor manufacturers and for the last 20 years has worked agency-side for a broad range of large and small clients.
As both Marketing Director and Managing Director, he has worked with clients at every level to implement marketing strategies and develop tactical campaigns across companies as diverse as Lloyds TSB, Mercedes, Scania and Harper Collins. Over the last 8 years, he has worked with companies throughout a wide range of industry sectors, from start-up entrepreneurs to larger, well-established brands.
He delivers training, coaching, and consultancy on every element of marketing, and has trained hundreds of companies in how to develop their marketing: what to do, what not to do, and how it all fits together.
He is a combination of strategist, planner, and tactical marketeer with a wealth of real experience working as, and with, marketing directors, owner-drivers, CEOs and teams.
As part of this package, you will also be provided with a range of supporting benefits including:
- A wide range of additional e-learning videos on a wide selection of topics related to digital marketing
- Member forum/chat, to share ideas and gain advice from other Marketing professionals
- Case studies on successful campaigns and strategies employed by organisations across a wide selection of industries
- Toolkits for planning your strategies and campaign activity across all channels developed and used by industry leaders