|Type of Study||Fee|
|Full-time||£8,250 for Foundation Year, then standard UG fee per year.|
Accounting and Finance Foundation Year
School - Salford Business School
Subject area - International Finance, Accounting and Economics
UCAS Code: Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year (NN44)
Start Date(s): September
Year one of a four-year degree
UK - £8,250 for Foundation Year, then standard UG fee per year.
- Intensive modules which provide the requisite background for specific honours courses for those without the necessary qualifications
- Ideal if you're returning to education or seeking to develop your career in a new direction
- A chance to sample the different areas of business at university level with the flexibility of changing between related degree pathways at the end of the Foundation Year to suit your own interests
The Foundation Year of the four-year programme aims to provide understanding of the key subjects in accounting and finance to meet the prerequisites for study on the associated degree programmes (see Course Details).
The Accounting and Finance Foundation Year aims to:
- Improve competence in essential areas of business, accounting and finance necessary for progression onto accounting and finance degrees.
- Help students understand and apply accounting and finance concepts to real life organisations;
- Embed academic and employability skills, providing students with the confidence they need to progress on their chosen course and begin considering their entry into the labour market
- Develop communication, IT and study skills
This course will provide a firm grounding in accounting and finance, preparing you to progress to one of our degree courses. This first-year acts as a ‘Level 0’ foundation year, equipping you with the skills to study at undergraduate level and introducing you to key concepts and ideas. It will provide you with basic knowledge of approaches, concepts, theories and principles.
The foundation level places strong emphasis on the development of relevant study/transferable skills and a responsible approach to learning through a set of compulsory core modules.
Following completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress on to year one of your selected degree for the remainder three years of your course (four years if you are choosing to do a placement).
This programme prepares students to study on the following three-year University undergraduate programmes, meaning the duration of your degree is four years in total (five if you choose to opt for the professional placement year option). See full course details of these degrees, including modules studied, using the link below.