Accounting and Finance
School - Salford Business School
Subject area - Business and Management
UCAS Code: NN34, NN3K with professional experience, NN341 with IFY
Start Dates(s): September
Three years full-time
Four years full-time with placement
Four or five years full-time with International Foundation Year
UK - £9250 per year
International - £12,000 per year
- The Sunday Times University Guide for 2015 undergraduate courses rates Accounting and Finance at Salford as first nationally in the "student satisfaction" category
- Excellent career potential with a course accredited by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Unique connections and a paid year-long industrial placement with commercial giants such as Network Rail, Adidas, Siemens, BUPA and PWC
- Work/industrial placement opportunity
- International students can apply
This course has been designed to develop the skills you need for a high-level career in accountancy, finance, banking, insurance, the public sector or general management.
You will benefit from exemptions in the following professional exams:
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA)
The Professional Experience Year is recognised by both CIMA and ACCA as one of the three years of postgraduate experience required for formal certification.
The Professional Experience Year will give you the opportunity to apply the skills, knowledge and understanding you have gained in the first two years of the course. There are different entry requirements and course codes for the Professional Experience Year option.
This degree is also offered with a Foundation Year, visit www.salford.ac.uk/ug-courses/business-foundation-year for details.
I decided to study accounting and finance at Salford Business School due to the reputation of the course and more specifically the exemptions available. In addition the opportunity of a placement was also an attractive incentive.Rebecca Sanderson, 2014/15, Finance Analyst and Investment Project Analyst with Vauxhall Motors
Please note that it may not be possible to deliver the full list of options every year as this will depend on factors such as how many students choose a particular option. Exact modules may also vary in order to keep content current. When accepting your offer of a place to study on this programme, you should be aware that not all optional modules will be running each year. Your tutor will be able to advise you as to the available options on or before the start of the programme. Whilst the University tries to ensure that you are able to undertake your preferred options, it cannot guarantee this.