Business Management with Sport
School - Salford Business School
Subject area - Business and Management
UCAS Code: N2C6 (NN89 with Professional Experience)
Start Dates(s): September
3 years BSc (Hons) BSc Business Management with Sport
4 years BSc (Hons) BSc Business Management with Sport with Professional Experience Year
UK - £9250 per year
International - £12,000 per year
- Our Centre for Sports Business has an outstanding record of expertise in sports analytics, economics and finance
- Top industry connections with organisations like Sporting Solutions, which recently entered into a collaboration with us to establish a Trading School of Excellence for the betting industry
- Benefit from the knowledge of high profile visiting speakers such as Rick Parry, the Premier League’s first chief executive
- Overseas study available
- Work/industrial placement opportunity
- International students can apply
This course provides you with a challenging and vocationally relevant business education, as well as a detailed understanding of the key issues facing sports organisations.
You will learn to appreciate the concepts and characteristics of sport management as an area of academic and applied study.
This will develop your ability to learn independently helping you develop towards a career in sport management and other management opportunities.
This course is also available with a Professional Experience Year, giving you the opportunity to apply the skills, knowledge and understanding you have gained in the first two years of the course. There are different entry requirements and course codes for the Professional Experience Year option.
This degree is also offered with a Foundation Year, visit www.salford.ac.uk/ug-courses/business-foundation-year for details.
"Salford Business School provided me with the right tools and opportunities to prepare myself for a career in strategic sports management, as well as the right education, knowledge and understanding to last me throughout my career.”Callum Donnely - BSc (Hons) Business Management with Sport Graduate and now Development Manager (Sport), Merseyside Sports Partnership
This course allows you to either specialise or follow an integrated route and the modular design gives you considerable choice.
All Business Management with Sport students study the same modules in the first year, after which you are given the flexibility to review and change your options depending on which subjects interest you the most. This approach gives you a vital foundation in key business disciplines to support the subjects you go on to study in your second and final years. It also means that all students achieve the same level of Business Management with Sport knowledge at the end of their first year.
Choose one from:
In your second year, you will start to take specialist modules and build your knowledge in these areas. You also have the option to change your specialism and original choice of degree, or switch to any of the following degrees:
- BSc (Hons) Business and Management
- BSc (Hons) Business and Financial Management
- BSc (Hons) Business and Economics
- BSc (Hons) International Business
- BSc (Hons) International Events Management
- BSc (Hons) Business and Tourism Management
- BSc (Hons) Marketing
- BSc (Hons) Human Resource Management
You can also choose to undertake a study exchange abroad for one semester or one year during your second year. We provide you with extensive support through workshops, personal guidance, tests and interview practice to help this opportunity become a reality.
Graduates with international experience are increasingly sought by employers because they gain highly valuable skill sets living and studying in a different country.
Salford Business School study abroad opportunities are available across Europe and the rest of the world – don’t miss out on this exciting chance to learn while exploring new places and making friends from all over the world!
- The relationship between individual psychological differences and participation in sport
- Coaching and leadership theory; coaching styles; athlete preferences
- Psychological assessment in athletes
- Mental training and the use of psychological techniques in improving athlete performance
- Athlete behaviour in team sport situations
- The home-field advantage phenomenon.
Choose one from:
On completion of Year 2 you may choose to undertake either a paid placement or study abroad for a year.
This is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of and over the last five years 90% of Salford Business undergraduates taking a one year placement secured a 2:1 or 1st class Honours degree.
We will help you find out about vacancies and make the right connections with high profile employers through regular events and presentations.
Here is just a small selection of the companies our students have enjoyed placements with so far: NatWest, Barclays and The Cooperative Bank; BP, Esso and Shell; IBM, Hewlett Packard and Compaq; Ford, Vauxhall, Jaguar and Nissan; Marks & Spencer, Selfridges and Sainsbury’s; Eli Lilly, Glaxo and ICI; Fujitsu, Marriott and Virgin.
Choose one from:
Please note that it may not be possible to deliver the full list of options every year as this will depend on factors such as how many students choose a particular option. Exact modules may also vary in order to keep content current. When accepting your offer of a place to study on this programme, you should be aware that not all optional modules will be running each year. Your tutor will be able to advise you as to the available options on or before the start of the programme. Whilst the University tries to ensure that you are able to undertake your preferred options, it cannot guarantee this.