Information for Parents
Going to university affects all family members, whether you are a parent or supporter, and we recognise the important part that you play in helping young people make informed decisions about what and where to study.
We are committed to supporting students and parents so we’ve put this information together as a starting point to help you through the university application process.
We have also produced a 'Parents’ Guide – to address your concerns and answer your questions, available to download here.
If you work with students who will be leaving care to go to university, please click here to find out about the extra support we provide.
There are many reasons why students choose to study at Salford, here are our top five:
- A great location - The University is located 2km outside of Manchester, which is only a five minute bus or train journey away.
- Gain practical experience - Many of our courses include an industrial or clinical placement providing students with real world experience and enhancing employability.
- Accreditation by professional bodies - Many of our courses are accredited, providing the opportunity to gain professional membership and qualifications alongside academic learning.
- Supporting our students - We have a dedicated Student Advice team who provide advice and support to students on issues such as finance, health & wellbeing, learner support and disability.
- Accommodation - We have over 2,400 bedrooms available and have recently completed an 81 million pound building project to create improved housing for our students.