Wildlife Documentary Production
School - School of Arts & Media
Subject area - Media
Start Dates(s): September
MA (one year full-time)
UK - £7,380
International - £13,500
- Work towards a fulfilling career in an exciting field with the potential for travel
- Learn from respected filmmakers via a series of masterclasses
- Develop the creative and technical skills you will need to produce striking and informative wildlife documentaries – this is a Skillset-accredited course
- Based at MediaCityUK
- Work/industrial placement opportunity
- International students can apply
On this course you will learn the research, scriptwriting and production skills that you will need to produce polished, professional wildlife documentaries.
As well as lectures and seminars, you will attend masterclasses given by expert practitioners with links to the television industry. Plus you will take field trips to a range of animal habitats, where you will work on individual and group projects.
During your time with us, you will learn specialist wildlife-production techniques, including long-lens and time-lapse photography and close-up sound recording. There is a strong emphasis on professional practice, and your projects will be expected to measure up to scientific scrutiny, as well as exhibition and broadcast standards.
Graduates’ final films have won many awards at national and international festivals.
91% of Media, Music and Performance postgraduates go on to employment and/or further study within six months of graduatingDLHE 2009 and 2010
This course aims to develop skills in video production applied to wildlife alongside a scientific understanding of animal behaviour, biodiversity, ecology and environment.