Robotics and Automation
School - School of Computing, Science & Engineering
Subject area - Robotics and Autonomous Systems
Start Date(s): September
MSc (one year full-time, 27 months part-time)
PgDip (nine-months full-time, 21 months part-time)
Part-time - £1,260 per 30 credit module
UK - £7,560
International - £13,860
- Gain a firm grounding in control engineering and intelligent systems concepts
- This course has a particular emphasis on advanced robotics, where robots are designed to operate with a degree of intelligence
- Projects supported by internationally-leading research
- Part-time study option
- International students can apply
This course is for students who already have a strong engineering background and wish to specialise in robotics and automation. This course has a particular emphasis on advanced robotics, where robots are designed to operate with a degree of intelligence.
You will gain a firm grounding in control engineering and intelligent systems concepts, along with the ability to comprehend and fully specify integrated automation systems embodying intelligence, robotic and automation hardware and software, and virtual reality (VR)/simulation technologies.
The course also provides a suitable background for research in advanced autonomous systems with reference to robotics.
You will work under the direction of an academic supervisor to carry out an advanced research or development project related to robotics and/or automation. As part of this project you will be expected to:
- Plan, manage and implement a project related to robotics and/or automation
- Utilise appropriate sources of information to carry out and produce a literature review
- Develop a framework for critical assessment and evaluation
- Organise an MSc Dissertation.
Many of our students work on projects in conjunction with aeronautical companies associated with the University.