I've applied - what happens next?
The application process can be a bit of a minefield - that's why we've put this page together to (hopefully) answer any questions you have.
If you're still unsure of anything, don't hesitate to get in touch with our friendly support team:
T: 0161 295 4545
The simplest way to monitor the progress of your application is via UCAS Track. This updates with any changes to your application status as soon as they occur. If you have any questions about your application, there are a number of ways for you to contact UCAS. You can also speak to our admissions team on email@example.com or +44 (0)161 295 4545.
To help you keep track of the key dates in the application cycle, we’ve put together this handy list of dates you need to be aware of.
- Now: As soon as you've applied for a course you should start thinking about student finance. You can see what finance is available to you using this online calculator. You can apply for student finance even if you’ve not accepted any of your offers yet. Aim to have applied for student finance by the end of May 2018, to ensure you receive your money at the start of term.
- 4 May 2018: If you’ve heard back from all of the universities you have applied to by 31 March 2017, you must choose your firm and insurance choices by today.
- 31 May 2018: If you plan on applying for a student loan, today is the deadline to submit your application in order to guarantee that you’ll receive your money at the start of the September term.
- 16 August 2018: A-level results day.
- 23 August 2018: GCSE results day.
- 10 September 2018: International Welcome.
- 17 – 23 September 2018: Welcome and Registration Week.
- 24 September 2018: Teaching starts for September entry courses.
- 24 September 2018 – 14 January 2019: Trimester 1.
- 17 December 2018 – 6 January 2019: Christmas vacation.
- 8 January 2018 – 19 January 2018: Trimester 1 exam period.
- 28 January – 20 May 2019: Trimester 2.
- 8 April – 22 April 2019: Easter vacation.
- 7 May – 25 May 2018: Trimester 2 exam period.
- 3 June – 2 September 2019: Trimester 3*.
- 20 August 2018 – 7 September 2018: Trimester 3 exam period.
* The majority of courses do not have teaching during trimester 3, however if you are on an accelerated course, a course with a mid-year start, or a course aligned to a health care profession, you will be taught during this period.
If you receive an offer to study with us, we’ll send you an email inviting you to attend an Applicant Visit Day. These are the next step on from our Open Days and will give you a deeper insight into your course. Because these events are for offer-holders, most Applicant Visit Days will take place between February and April of the year you intend to start your course.
We'll start to send out invitations after Christmas, so keep an eye on your emails.
When you book your place, you’ll get the chance to tailor your day according to your interests and circumstances. Once you’ve booked, we’ll send you more information about travel, transport and tips for making the most of your visit.
We're also holding a Christmas social event in December - check your email for your invitation!