Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
School - School of Health and Society
Subject area - Counselling and Psychotherapy
Start Dates(s): September
one year part-time, September start
Part-time - £1,260 per 30 credit module
- Work as a ‘reflective practitioner’ showing awareness of and engagement with wider policy
- Understand and evaluate theory and practical application of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Supplements prior therapeutic training
- A part-time only course
- Work/industrial placement opportunity
- Clinical placement opportunity
This course provides an opportunity for a variety of health care professionals to undertake a theoretical and practical course.
It has a distinctive niche in the current market as a conversion course to CBT theory and skills for the experienced health professional, and supplements prior therapeutic training. You will produce a reflective practice portfolio that may enable you to work towards your British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) practitioner accreditation, and further study at Postgraduate Diploma level 2.
Module learning outcomes have been designed inline with BABCP competencies.
This is a one year part-time course that runs over two semesters each of ten weeks in duration.