Quality CPD Accreditation QCPD
Our QCPD verifies the professional quality of your CPD activity and its true learning value. This University stamp of approval carries the weight of our rigorous processes and excellent reputation.
We have a long tradition of engaging with increasingly diverse organisations who deliver a wide range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities.
Many partners value academic accreditation from the University and have developed collaborative arrangements with us to improve the quality and reach of their CPD or to create new educational pathways and awards from the University.
However, not everyone is looking for academic awards these days. Some are requesting a non-academic form of quality assurance or verification from the University for their CPD activities.
This has led to the development of the University’s QCPD.
Benefits of having the QCPD
- Conveys robustness and quality to attract and retain participants and staff
- Helps drive improvements in the quality of your CPD
- Gives more credence to non-academic CPD that helps people do their jobs more effectively and improves practice/services
- Provides a digital badge that explains the rigour of the QCPD in your marketing and can be shared on social media platforms to verify that they have done a course that has been validated by the University
- Provides a value for money alternative to more in depth and complex academic credit awards
- Enables the CPD to be advertised on the University’s website
- Positions the CPD provider in a network of other successful providers, showing that you are committed to being amongst the best in your field
- Can provide a first step towards further academic developments with the University if desired
What we look for
To gain this accreditation you will need to meet a set of requirements focused on your planning, design, delivery, and evaluation of your CPD
The support we provide
- Initial Needs Assessment: following your online enquiry we will contact you to discuss the QCPD and how it might meet your needs. We will consider, together, whether this product is right for you and feasible for us to deliver, particularly in relation to the subject area.
- CPD Toolkit: When we progress to the evaluation stage we will send you a CPD Toolkit to support you.
- Feedback on your application: We will support you in the application process by providing detailed and constructive feedback that will help you develop your CPD.
- Guidance: In some cases, where the CPD has needed considerable improvement, customers have requested additional support and guidance, which can be arranged according to need.
We were keen to gain accreditation, to evidence the quality and credibility of the course. The accreditation team were so easy to work with. They were able to guide me through the process at every stage and I found the process to be a great learning experience that also led to some improvements in our CPD.
Helen Valls-Russell, Director, ERGOCOM
We applied for QCPD mark to help us provide the best quality training we can, the University of Salford team were really supportive throughout the process and shared some excellent resources and valuable insights to help us along the way. Having the QCPD mark provides reassurance to the our organisation that the training meets a high standard and adds value, as well as providing a useful addition for our clinical colleagues to include in revalidation portfolios.
Eleanor Peet, Quality Improvement Lead, Northern Care Alliance NHS Trust.
Get In Touch
Are you interested? If so, please download and complete the
Once completed, send it on email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you to discuss.