Enter our TikTok giveaway for your chance to win a limited edition University of Salford hoodie.
We know that the transition to university life can seem like a big leap, so to make you feel part of the Salford fam, we’re offering you the chance to win one of our limited edition hoodies, available exclusively to students starting with us in 2020.
There are 150 up for grabs, and for your chance to win you need to...
- Create a TikTok that best represents your transformation into a Salford student. Explore this page for some inspiration.
- Either share on TikTok with the hashtag #BecomingUnstoppable, or upload your video here - remember to follow us @salforduni as well!
- Do it all before Sunday 4 October 2020 23:59 BST, and ensure you read, familiarise yourself and accept our further terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions – the University of Salford's ‘#BecomingUnstoppable’ competition.
By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- This competition is promoted and administered by the University of Salford's Marketing, Recruitment and External Relations (MRER) Directorate, University of Salford, 43 The Crescent, Salford, M5 4WT.
- The competition will run until Sunday 4 October 2020 23:59 BST. Entries made after this time will not be counted.
- To participate in this competition, you must share a video that best represents your transition to a Salford student. You can share the video on TikTok using #BecomingUnstoppable, upload your video using the upload function on this page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 150 entries will be selected to receive a prize of a limited edition University of Salford hoodie. Only one entry per account will be considered.
- The competition is open to students who have accepted an offer from the University of Salford to start studying in the academic year 2020-2021, or are registered as students to commence their course in the academic year 2020-2021. Proof of student/offer-holder status will be required before a prize is awarded.
- Winners will be contacted by the University of Salford via email, or through the TikTok app. Winners must respond within one week of being contacted. After this time the University of Salford reserves the right to choose an alternate.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in this competition.
- We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual's prior consent.
- By participating in this competition you are also consenting to the use of your submitted video in marketing materials, the full terms of which are set out under the “Terms and Conditions – Content Rights” section on this page.
Content Rights – the University of Salford's ‘#BecomingUnstoppable’ competition.
Content Creators retain all ownership of the content and only grant limited rights to Licensee and subsidiaries or assigns as described in the content license terms outlined below and otherwise communicated (e.g. in a particular request).
For good and valuable consideration, the University of Salford (the “Licensee”) and Content Creator (the “Creator”) agree as follows:
- The term of this Agreement (the "Term") shall commence upon the date of acceptance by Creator and shall continue until terminated by Licensee. Written request for termination may be submitted to email@example.com.
- Proprietary Rights. Creator upon acceptance of this agreement hereby grants Licensee a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable license to reproduce, distribute, display and to create derivative works from the materials contained in the requested work (the “Post”).
- Promotional Use. Creator grants to Licensee the right to use Creator’s user name, profile image, pseudonym and/or image in connection with authorized uses of the Post.
- Credit, Attribution and Linking. Licensee will give Creator credit in connection with the use of the Post by identifying Creator in conjunction with the content of the Post as displayed. Licensee may also provide a link to the Post, to the extent available, on the source network (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
- Warranties and Representations. Creator warrants and represents that the Posts are Creator’s original works, and do not now and will not violate any existing intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, copyright or trade secret or any contractual rights, and that they contain no matter which, if published, will be fraudulent, harassing, libelous, obscene, or a violation of any rights of publicly or privacy, or any law or regulation. Author will fully cooperate with Licensee in responding to and defending against any third party claim related to the Post.
- Each Party hereto shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the other Party, its editors, officers, employees and agents with respect to any claim, demand, cause of action, debt or liability, including reasonable attorneys' fees, to the extent that it is based upon a claim that, if true, would constitute a breach of any of the indemnifying Party's representations, warranties, or agreements hereunder.
- YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND LICENSEE WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASSWIDE ARBITRATION.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms of and Conditions, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Licensee regarding the Post content and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and Licensee.