Date published: May 10, 2019
Volunteer with the Festival of Research
The Festival of Research is a month-long event in and around the University of Salford campus which gathers academics, students, industry professionals and the public to explore research in various ways.
Over the course of the festival there will be talks, workshops, conferences, tours and more fun activities such as immersive cinema and Research in the park. There are plenty of events with which to get involved. The Festival takes place 14 June - 12 July 2019 and we are recruiting student volunteers to help and support the many University and community activities taking place.
You may volunteer for one or any number of activities, each activity will last between 2-4 hours a time. The activities take place at all times, during the day and evening, work days and weekends.
Benefits of being a volunteer
Volunteering is a great way to enhance your CV and learn new skills, the specific benefits to volunteering at the Festival include:
- An opportunity to demonstrate, evidence and enhance communication and organisational skills
- Connect with the wider University and City of Salford Community,
- A chance to explore the Festival and the research we do,
- Network and create contacts, connections and potential collaborations
- Time to reflect on and contribute to the broader academic landscape
- Enhance confidence
- Develop new skills and knowledge
- A programme of training provided ahead of the Festival
- Follow up development opportunities provided after the Festival
How to register your interest as a volunteer
Complete the expression of interest form. A selection of dates and times are provided on the form - please select all those for which you wish to be considered. You must be available on all the dates that you select.
The link to the expression of interest form can be found here: https://salford.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/festival-of-research-volunteering-expression-of-interest
Pre-event training commences early June.
Should you have any queries, please contact Davina Whitnall- firstname.lastname@example.org