Date published: May 07, 2019
International Student Ambassadors needed - we're hiring
The International Opportunities Team are looking to recruit a small group of Salford students to support international students who are joining our University for a short-term study/work experience.
The International Student Ambassadors' roles will include:
- Helping visiting students plan their study/work experience at Salford based on your own experience and knowledge
- Offering students tips and recommendations on how to make the most out of the experience
- Sharing your knowledge of the University, as well as Salford, Manchester and the UK
- Helping students integrate in the student community
- Contributing to our social media activities and promotional materials
- And a lot more!
At times, Ambassadors may also be asked to support the International Opportunities Team with the organisation and delivery of events, marketing activities, promotional events and presentations.
Why should you become an international student ambassador?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your CV. Employers are looking for students who go the extra mile
- You will develop your global perspectives and networking skills
- You’ll gain new friends (and have a place to stay in some fabulous cities when you go to visit them!)
What skills will you need?
- International outlook
- Flexibility in relation to working hours and tasks
- Willingness to help other students
- Organisation and time management skills
- Good knowledge of the university and the areas of Salford and Manchester
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: 12 May 2019
Please note that you will need to be registered with Unitemps and be paid based on their standard rate. Occasionally work offered may be at weekends or in the evenings. If your application is successful, you will be required to attend a compulsory training session. You will be employed on a flexible basis (as and when needed).