Date published: May 30, 2019

Interested in working abroad this summer?

Erasmus+ provides a grant for students to carry out a work experience placement in a choice of 32 countries across Europe.

Erasmus+ funding is available for both traineeships embedded in your programme of study (i.e. counting towards your degree) and voluntary traineeships (i.e. not obligatory for your degree).

As a student of the University of Salford, you are able to undertake one or more work experiences, providing each one meets the minimum duration of two months and the maximum duration of twelve months is not exceeded.

The main benefits of undertaking a traineeship abroad include:

  • Enhanced employability and improved career prospects
  • Increased sense of initiative and entrepreneurship
  • Increased self-empowerment and self-esteem
  • Enhanced intercultural awareness

Finance available:

  • €400/€450 Erasmus+ grant a month depending on your chosen country
  • 80% of total grant at the start of the exchange, remaining 20% on return
  • Santander travel grants for the following countries: Belgium, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Spain
  • Travel grants are also made available by the Government https://www.gov.uk/travel-grants-students-england
  • Some work placements also offer a salary and/or free services (e.g. accommodation, transport etc.)
  • Additional financial support available for students from a disadvantaged background
  • Additional financial support available for students with disabilities
  • Financial support if visa is needed
  • Financial support if you would like to undertake a language course before leaving for chosen country

To find out more, please visit our Erasmus+ for outgoing students page. Here you will be able to find a Traineeship Toolkit with country-specific information and recommendations on how to look for work experience.

For the most up-to-date information about how Brexit could affect Erasmus+, please see our advice for students.

For further information, please email erasmus@salford.ac.uk and follow @UoS_IntOpps on Twitter for the latest updates.

More News