Date published: December 03, 2018
(UPDATED) Important Written Examination Changes Trimester 1 2019
Monday 7 January - Friday 18 January
Over the coming months, there will be a number of major improvement works taking place across the rail and road network in and around Greater Manchester, where possible; we have made some time adjustments to the exam start times to help our students arrive on time and start their exam feeling prepared.
To continue to enhance the student experience changes have been made which will affect the start and end times of Trimester 1 examinations taking place in main examination rooms and separate/individual room locations across the University.
The reviewed exam start times for all amended timetables are:
- Morning exams will now start at 10:00
- Afternoon exams will now start at 14:45
Changes now apply to Students undertaking exams in separate/individual room locations
Previous communication noted that that changes did not apply for students who undertake exams in separate/individual room location.
Following feedback from students, we have now revised ALL exam start times for those who sit exams in separate/individual rooms and the main venues.
- Students sitting exams in separate/individual rooms may have already been informed of their exam separate/individual room location by their schools. If this has changed you will receive further communication from your school office.
Students sitting exams in main venues will have already received an amended timetable on Monday 3rd December.
The reviewed exam start times for amended timetables are:
10:00 start for all morning exams
14:45 start for all afternoon exams
Things to Consider
- Travel plans - allow plenty of time for your journey to ensure you arrive on time for your exam.
- The usual examination rules will be in place, which states that students cannot enter an examination after 40 minutes from the official start time and no extra time is given to those arriving late. Students arriving after 40 minutes should report to their school office.
If these changes raise any significant issues, please contact Timetabling and Examinations email@example.com or 0161 295 0023 <Option 4 then Option 3>
You will receive further communication from Timetabling and Examinations regarding revised collection times for your examination packs.
The usual examination rules will be in place, which states that students cannot enter an examination after 40 minutes from the official start time and no extra time is given to those arriving late. Students arriving late should be directed to their school office.
If these changes raise any significant issues, please contact your School Office in the first instance.