Date published: February 15, 2018
Funding For Studies, Training and Graduate Traineeships
Erasmus+, the European Community Action Scheme for the Mobility of University Students, provides a grant for students to carry out a study or work experience in a choice of 32 countries across Europe.
The reasons why the Erasmus exchange programme is definitely worth your attention are numerous and include the following:
- You get a taste of what studying/working abroad means;
- You receive financial support;
- You can learn/practise a new language;
- You will boost your confidence and motivation;
- You will make friends and contacts with people from all over the world;
- You will take on new challenges;
- You will acquire new skills that will make you stand out;
- You will enhance your CV and impress future employers.
Erasmus+ funding is available for the following:
- Erasmus+ for studies: study in one of our partner universities for either a semester or a full academic year, and receive €280-€330 a month depending on where you go. Visit https://www.salford.ac.uk/study-abroad-and-exchange/erasmus to find out where you could go and how long for. The modules you will take abroad will be mapped across the modules included in your study plan here at Salford, i.e. what you will do abroad will ‘replace’ what you should have done at Salford, which means the total duration of your study programme will remain the same.
- Erasmus+ for training: find a work experience in Europe and receive €380-€430 a month depending on which country you go to. Erasmus+ funding is available for both traineeships embedded in the student’s study programme (i.e. counting towards the degree) and voluntary traineeships (i.e. not obligatory for the degree). The minimum duration is 60 days, maximum duration is 360 days.
- Erasmus+ for recent graduate traineeships: find a work experience for after graduation in Europe and receive €380-€430 a month depending on your chosen country. You will have to obtain an employment letter and submit your application for funding before you graduate. You are free to decide when to start as long as long as your work experience is completed within one year following your course completion date. The minimum duration is 60 days, maximum duration is 360 days.
If you would like to find out more, please visit https://www.salford.ac.uk/study-abroad-and-exchange/erasmus or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Study Abroad and Exchanges Team will also conduct the following roadshows:
- 27th February, Maxwell Foyer, 11am-12pm
- 28th February, MCUK Foyer, 11am-2pm
- 6th March, New Adelphi Atrium, 11am-1pm
- 7th March, University House Foyer, 11am-2pm
- 8th March, Maxwell Foyer, 11am-2pm
- 13th March, Maxwell Foyer, 11am-2pm
- 15th March, MCUK, 11am-2pm