Date published: September 27, 2018
Want a professional mentor from industry?
This scheme gives second year students the chance to be mentored by working professionals who can provide insight and expert advice into their area of work. Our mentors are members of our Alumni community who studied at the University of Salford and who are now working across a range of industries.
Your mentor can:
- Provide insight into progression within their industry
- Give expert advice and guidance about CVs and application forms
- Conduct mock interviews or other real-world experiences to prepare you for the workplace
- Provide you with opportunities to enhance your knowledge and expertise in practical environments
- Support you in one-to-one meetings to help you become a work-ready graduate
- Attend a 2 hour training session in November and a social event to meet your mentor
- Commit to a 10 month scheme running Nov – Aug
- Attend 1 meeting per month, either on campus or at the mentor’s workplace where possible
- Submit an end of scheme evaluation
All mentors receive training, so you can be sure that the person that you are matched with has the right skills to help you compete in the workplace.
Previous mentees have said:
“My mentor is great. She is always there to support me, give advice and help in any way she can.”
“This scheme has given me valuable experience in industry that has helped my understanding and confidence.”
“My mentor has been in many ways an inspiring delight. She has held my hand and guided me through my first staggering steps into the professional world.”
How do I apply?
To express your interest in the scheme please email the Mentoring team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t delay in making your application! Places are limited and we expect to be oversubscribed.
Deadline for applications: Friday 26th October at 5pm.