Date published: May 03, 2019
Here are some tips on staying well.
- Counselling and Wellbeing self-help and information on services provided by the University of Salford
- Online Counselling support can be accessed through 42nd Street
- Salford University Students Union confidential peer listening service is available for you to discuss concerns and worries.
- If you feel in immediate crisis we encourage you to contact your GP for an emergency appointment or access the Mental Health team at Accident and Emergency. Crisis support information.
- Please do reach out to access help and support if you are worried or struggling.
- Register with a G.P. if you haven’t already
- Familiarise yourself with the symptoms and signs of bacterial meningitis
- Check with your doctor that you have had your MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) vaccination, and (if you are between 19 and 25) that you have had your Meningitis ACY vaccination
- Familiarise yourself with what to do if you have the symptoms of a common illness – this NHS guide was created just for you
- Look out for your friends too and encourage them to follow these tips