Date published: November 11, 2015
January 2017 exam timetables have now been released
Your personal examination timetables have now been emailed to your University email address. This timetable is just for written exams; schools will inform you of arrangement for oral or practical examinations. Please also check your Junk or Spam folders.
If you have a Support Plan, which states you are entitled to an individual/separate room for an examination you will still have received an exam timetable via email but it will show the main venue details. Please liaise directly with your School office for your individual/separate room arrangements.
The January 2017 exam period falls between Monday 9 January and Friday 20 January. As this exam period is approaching we want to remind you of the fantastic support services available. These can help you both with the academic side of preparing for exams, such as revision and time management, and the personal side, such as stress and procrastination.
Academic help for exams
Skills for Learning are here to help you get the best marks possible. While they offer lots of support throughout the year that you should check out, they do offer tailored resources and workshops for exams.
They have lots of information on their website to help you reach your potential in exams, including guides on revision, approaching exams, procrastination and time management – all of which you can find here.
Personal help for exams
Our Wellbeing team at the University can also give you some personal support before, during and after exams.
Made up of Wellbeing Advisors and Counsellors, this team can provide you with a range of services in the run up to exams. Anxiety and stress are common when preparing for exams and if you do struggle with problems like this, we really encourage you to get in touch with the team. Find out how you can do that here.
In addition to their wellbeing and counselling appointments, the team also have a number of workshops on everything from assertiveness to perfectionism. Have a look at the workshops below and book yourself onto one ahead of exam period:
- Anxiety workshop, 13 December, 10.30am, University house, Derwent room.
- Self-confidence workshop, 07 December, 09.30am, Maxwell Well.
- Mindfulness sessions, 23 November, 3pm, University House, Derwent room. 30 November, 3pm, University House, Kent and Leven rooms. 7 December, 3pm, University House, Kent and Leven rooms. 14 December, 3pm, University House, Derwent room.
- Put off putting off (procrastination workshop), 14 December, 10am, University House, Derwent room.
- Stress workshop, 22 November, 10.30am, University House, Derwent room. 06 December, 2.30pm, University House, Derwent room.
- Perfectionism workshop, 08 December, 10am, University House, Derwent room.
There is also support available if you have a personal issue that means you are unable to sit an exam, or submit a piece of work. These are called Personal Mitigating Circumstance (PMC) forms and if you need information on what a what a PMC is, how to apply for one, or who you can contact for further advice then you can find it here.
For information about how to be at the best for your exams please also read our blog of tips and advice here.
Good luck with your examinations.