Date published: December 10, 2018
Christmas at the University of Salford
December is here and there are so many Christmassy events going on around campus. Here is a roundup of events and services that will be available to you during the Christmas period.
- The University closes on Friday, 21st of December and reopens on January 2nd. MediaCityUK campus will close at 10pm on Friday 21st December 2018 and reopen at 7am on Wednesday 2nd January.
- Allerton Learning Space: closed from end of day Friday, 21st of December and reopens on January 2nd.
- Clifford Whitworth Library is open as usual until 3pm on Christmas Eve 24 December when the building closes and reopens at 10am Boxing Day 26th December. 24 hour opening resumes until New Year’s Eve 31/12/18 when the building closes at 3pm and reopens at 10am the following day (New Year’s day).
- askUS closes at 5PM on Friday, 21st December and reopens at 8:30AM Wednesday 2nd January.
- The Sports Centre will close on Friday 21st December at 3.00pm, reopening again on Wednesday 2nd January at 7.00am.
- Reboot Xmas Special – Saturday 8th Dec (10pm-3am) – Atmosphere (Shock Radio Clubnight with loads of fun in store inc. DJ Santa)
- Quiz - Monday 10th Dec 5pm - Atmosphere
- Bandaoke Xmas Special – Thursday 13th (8pm-11pm) – Atmosphere (Live band karaoke with a special line up of Xmas songs to bring the festivities to AKB)
- St James Catholic Church, Salford M6 5JA - Christmas Mass 6pm 24.12.18, 12 Midnight. Christmas Morning Mass 25.12.18, 10am
- St John’s Catholic Cathedral Chapel Street, Salford - Christmas Mass 5.30Pm 24.12.18, 11.30pm 24.12.18. Christmas Morning Mass 11am 25.12.18
- Our wellbeing team offers a variety of events and workshops to keep you healthy including Yoga and mindfulness sessions. See the list of their event here.
- 8th Dec (Sat) Stratford-upon-Avon featuring Victorian Christmas Market
- 9th Dec (Sun) Peak District Explorer featuring Buxton, Castleton at Christmas and Peak Cavern
- 26th Dec (Wed) Boxing Day Sales visit to Chester and Cheshire Oaks
Opening times for Atmosphere are as follows:
Atmosphere bar 11am-12am until Friday 14th December
Atmosphere Café 8.30am-4:30pm until Friday 21st December
Christmas opening times for Salfood restaurants can be found here.
Counselling and Wellbeing are open from 8.30am until 5pm Monday to Friday. They close at 5pm on the 21st December 2018 and the service reopens at 8.30am Tuesday 2nd January 2019. They have Wellbeing Advisors on hand to offer support or point you in the right direction. You can make an appointment by filling in the online referral form. Once you have completed the form a Wellbeing Advisor will telephone you to discuss your support needs and book you an appointment.
If you require urgent support over the Christmas period there are other support options available so that you can speak to someone. Please have a look at our crisis information where you can see all the avenues of support open to you.