“COVID-19 will be around for the foreseeable future and infection rates may fluctuate as public health measures relax. A significant backlog of surgical work is being created in addition to those patients on waiting lists before the present crisis.” – Royal College of Surgeons
Current NHS waiting lists in England are the longest they have been since 2007, with modelling conducted by the IFS estimating that the number will reach 13 million by late 2022. A figure that has shocked Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, Sajid Javid as he comes to terms with this reality, stating in an interview “that it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better”.
With many hospitals struggling under “black alert” levels, the pandemic has exacerbated many of the challenges long-faced by operating theatres professionals – ranging from maintaining wellbeing to monitoring rigorous safety standards.
Join us for our 7th Operating Theatre Conference where surgical leaders explain how Trusts can improve theatre productivity and what lessons have been learned from Covid-19. To what extent can innovation, technology and behavioural changes resolve many of the challenges we see today?
At a glance
- Discovering lessons learnt from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Methods of improving moral and wellbeing of theatre staff
- Explore how a human-factors can support in improving care
- Understanding the positive impact of improving standards for patients
- How to build resilience when working in Operating Theatres
- Consider the effectiveness of your emergency planning measures
- Discuss the latest technological accomplishments within Operating Theatres
- Learn how products and services can help transform your capabilities
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve healthcare practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development
Who Should Attend?
Operating Theatre Technicians, Surgeons, Operating Theatre Practitioners, Anaesthetists, Theatre Team Leaders, Theatre Managers, Theatre Directors, Surgical Care Practitioners, Surgical Assistants, First Assistant to the Surgeons, Healthcare Assistants, Theatre Support Workers, Assistant Practitioners, Hospital Operating Theatre Porters, Healthcare Assistants, Commissioning Heads, Heads of NHS, Directors of Public Health, Heads of Public Engagement, Directors of Commissioning, Heads of National/Regional Public Health Groups, Heads of Treatment and Prevention , Directors of Strategic Development.