Study Built Environment at Salford
Create better towns and cities Study the Built Environment
From planning cities to delivering major infrastructure projects, built-environment professionals work collaboratively to deliver economic growth and find solutions.
At Salford, we deliver engaging with impactful education and research to improve the world around us. Discover our built environment degree courses and start an exciting journey with us.
Join our next Open Day
Start your study journey, explore our facilities and meet the course team. Register for our next campus Open Day.
Why study the built environment?
- The built environment is one of the world’s largest employment sectors, providing a wealth of opportunities in the design and development of cities, infrastructure, and urban development. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, construction has continued, and there are lots of new opportunities right here in the UK
- Sustainable development, digital connectivity, and alternative energy infrastructures are reshaping the agenda. If you want an exciting career where you can lead this green revolution, start your journey with a built environment-based degree
- Built environment professionals are at the heart of the economy. From planning cities to delivering major infrastructure projects, highly skilled surveyors, construction project managers and real-estate professionals work collaboratively to deliver economic growth and find solutions
STUDY BUILT ENVIRONMENT THE SALFORD EXPERIENCE
Immersive learning. Research-led. Industry focused.
Study with Salford and stand out in the competitive graduate job market. Our built environment BSc degree courses include industry placement options and curriculums that equip you with career-enhancing knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience industry-led teaching, informed by advanced academic research and receive guest lectures from industry connections
- Benefit from strong links to local and international built environment firms with the opportunity to visit local building projects and construction sites across Greater Manchester and the north west
- Develop extensive knowledge about different building materials and its impact on the environment. Using IT based approaches including BIM, you’ll be prepared to respond to vital topics of energy consumption and overall carbon footprints of built assets
- See smart buildings in action with our world-class Energy House laboratories at our Peel Park campus
Construction Project Management
Modern construction demand projects to be sustainable, safely completed on-time, within budget and to high standards.
With a skills shortage, and new technologies driving change, now is a great time to study Construction Project Management.
Explore our Construction Project Management degree study pathways
BSc (Hons) Construction Project Management
BSc (Hons) Construction Project Management with Foundation Year
Salford is at the heart of one of the UK’s fastest growing city-regions.
If you’re thinking about a career in construction and surveying, returning to education or want to progress in this exciting industry, get a good head start with our HNC Construction course.
Explore HNC Construction
Civil engineers create, improve and protect the infrastructure that supports daily life.
With growing demand for qualified professionals, a Civil Engineering degree with Salford can unlock exciting and lucrative career opportunities.
Explore our Civil Engineering degree study pathways
BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering with Foundation Year
With rising demand for sustainable spaces, we need to find new value in our existing building stock.
Stand at the forefront of property development, repurposing and reinventing buildings for new uses with a Building Surveying degree.
Explore our Building Surveying degree study pathways
Developers are increasingly looking to maximise investments and minimise their costs.
Take a leading role in delivering resource-efficient buildings for our fast-growing cities with our triple-accredited Quantity Surveying degree.
Explore our Quantity Surveying degree study pathways
Real Estate Development and Management
Real estate professionals use their property sector knowledge to help clients bring new developments to market.
Prepare for a rewarding future career in this fast-paced sector with our BSc (Hons) Real Estate Development and Management degree.
Explore our Real Estate Development and Management degree study pathways
BSc (Hons) Real Estate Development and Management
BSc (Hons) Real Estate Development and Management with Foundation Year
BSc (Hons) Real Estate Development and Management with Placement Year
Our new home for the built environment
In Autumn 2022, we opened our new £65 million hub for science, engineering and the environment - and our new home for the built environment.
Sustainability-designed and 100% electric powered, the building offers unrivalled teaching, learning and research facilities and provides exciting new spaces for industry collaboration.
CAMPUS LIFE. BIG CITY BUZZ
University life is not just about what you study - where you study matters too.
Our amazing location blends the beauty of our parkland campus with the buzz of central Manchester on our doorstep - not to mention great transport links to explore the North West.
This winning combination makes Salford a great study destination. Come and take a look.