Study Acoustics, Audio and Sound at Salford
Create a better sounding world study acoustics, audio and sound
The noises and vibrations that you hear and feel around you are part of acoustics- the science of sound.
By studying the fascinating field of acoustics and audio, you can explore how sound is created, shaped and managed. With exciting careers you'll want to hear about, read on and discover how you can engineer a better sounding world.
Join our next Open Day
Start your study journey, explore our labs and meet the course team. Register for our next campus Open Day.
Why study acoustics, audio and sound?
- Unwanted noise is an important concern in our increasingly busy world which is rapidly changing overtime.
- Psychoacoustics is crucial to our understanding of how humans respond to sound.
- Our specialist equipment, variety of audio measurements, and modules will leave you confidently able to interpret data to solve real-world sound related issues.
- Experience practical teaching, gain measurement skills, and analyse acoustic technologies using our advanced and emerging world-class facilities.
ACOUSTICS, AUDIO AND SOUND THE SALFORD EXPERIENCE
Immersive learning. Research-led. Industry focused.
For over 60 years, we've pioneered acoustics teaching and research. This legacy makes Salford one of the best places in the UK to study acoustics, audio and sound.
- Follow a practical, hands-on curriculum shaped by industry and informed by our world-class acoustics research
- Benefit from live briefs, guest lectures and real-world challenges as you build your technical knowledge and shape transferable career-ready skills
- Learn using the same advanced listening rooms, editing suites and reverberation chambers as used by our current industry partners and researchers
- Discover the quietest space in the North-West with a full range of professional and specialist test environments
Acoustical and Audio Engineering
Acoustics study blends the physics of sound with the psychology of how people react to noise and vibration.
Get into this fascinating field with one of our Acoustical and Audio Engineering degrees.
Explore our acoustical and audio degree courses
BEng (Hons) Acoustical and Audio Engineering
BEng (Hons) Acoustical and Audio Engineering with Foundation Year
Sound Engineering and Production
Sound engineers shape how we perceive live and recorded sound.
Develop advanced professional knowledge and studio skills to the highest standard with our Sound Engineering and Production degree.
Explore our Sound Engineering and Production degree courses
BSc (Hons) Sound Engineering and Production
BSc (Hons) Sound Engineering and Production with Professional Experience
CAMPUS LIFE BIG CITY BUZZ
University life is not just about what you study - where you study matters too.
Our amazing location blends the beauty of our parkland campus with the buzz of central Manchester on our doorstep - not to mention great transport links to explore the North West.
This winning combination makes Salford a great study destination. Come and take a look.