OUR COMMITMENT TO BE MORE SUSTAINABLE
From 1st March 2019, we will have the following policies in place:
- We will replace all plastic cutlery items with wooden alternatives.
- All disposable polystyrene takeaway boxes will be replaced with recyclable cardboard versions.
- All plastic straws will soon be replaced with paper ones (unless drink comes with a straw – i.e. slush. Salfood outlets only, excludes Subway).
- We will have re-usable mugs available to buy from Salfood Costa & Starbucks outlets. Prices: £3.99 for a Costa mug, £1.20 for a Starbucks cup.
- We will continue to offer customers 20p off their hot or cold beverage if they bring their own mug or cup.
- Free waste coffee grounds are going to be available for customers to take away for their own use from Crescent Café.
- The tea and coffee used for the majority of Hospitality events is either Fairtrade or Rainforest Alliance (excludes Nescafe sachets).
- Our Costa coffee outlets only uses beans sourced from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms. Starbucks coffee is 100% Fairtrade Certified.
- All of our bananas are 100% fairtrade.