Members of the Centre for Social Business have authored a diverse range of written publications, from book chapters to conference papers to research reports, on a wide range of subjects across various aspects of social business.
Dr Morven McEachern (Salford Business School)
- Carrigan, M., Moraes, C. and McEachern, M.G. (forthcoming in 2013) From Conspicuous to Considered Consumption: A Harm Chain Approach to the Responsibilities of Luxury Fashion Brands, Journal of Marketing Management.
- Ickiring, O.W., Ryan, A. and McEachern, M.G. (2013) “(Re)considering European approaches to Fair-trade: a study of negotiations of worth between African farmers and an African social entrepreneur, Challenges to International Marketing Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility: An Academic Sympo Social Enterprise Gold Marksium, London.
- McEachern, M.G. (2012) Sustainable Goods In: Polonsky, M.J., D’Souza, C. and Taghian, M. (Eds). Readings and Cases in Sustainable Marketing: A Strategic Approach to Social Responsibility. Tilde University Press, Australia. ISBN 9780734610850.
- McEachern, M & Warnaby, G & Carrigan, M & Szmigin, I. (2010), 'Thinking Locally, Acting Locally? Conscious Consumers & Farmers' Markets', Journal of Marketing Management, 26(5-6), pp.395-412.
- Szmigin, I & Carrigan, M & McEachern, M 2009, 'The Conscious Consumer: Taking a Flexible Approach to Ethical Behaviour', International Journal of Consumer Studies, 33(2), pp.224-231.
- Berry, H. and McEachern, M.G. (2005) Informing Ethical Consumers. Chapter 5. In: Harrison, R., Newholm, T. and Shaw, D.S. (Eds). The Ethical Consumer. Sage Publications. London. ISBN 1-4129-0353-X.
Dr Philip Brown (Salford Housing & Urban Studies Unit)
- Morris, G., Dahl, S., Brown, P., Scullion, L. and Somerville, P. (2012) Somewhere Nowhere: Lives Without Homes , Salford: University of Salford/Lulu.
- Niner, P. and Brown, P. (2011) The evidence base for Gypsy and Traveller Site Planning: A Story of Complexity and Tension, Evidence & Policy: A Journal of Research, Debate and Practice, 7 (3), 359-377
- Brown, P. and Scullion, L. (2010) ‘"Doing research" with Gypsy-Travellers in England: reflections on experience and practice’, Community Development Journal, 45, 2, 169-185
- Brown, P. and Horrocks, C. (2009) Making sense?: The support of dispersed asylum seekers, International Journal of Migration, Health and Social Care, 5 (2), 22-34
- Niner, P. and Brown, P. (2009) First steps towards regional planning for Gypsy and Traveller sites in England: Evidence based planning in practice, Town Planning Review, 80 (6), 627-46
- Brown, P. and Scullion, L. (2009) ‘"Doing research" with Gypsy-Travellers in England: reflections on experience and practice’, Community Development Journal, Advance access 17 March 2009.
Professor Karl Dayson (School of Arts & Media)
- Ashta A.; Dayson, K.; Gera, R.; Hettihewa, S.; Krishna, N.V. & Wright, C. (2013, forthcoming) Microcredit as Social Innovation. ‘The Social Innovation Handbook’. Hamdouch, A-L & Moulaert, F. (eds). Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Dayson, K. (2011) Is the Government Losing Interest: Microfinance in the UK in ‘Enterprise, Deprivation and Social Exclusion: The role of small business in addressing social and economic inequalities’ A. Southern (ed.) New York: Routledge
- Sim, J. & Dayson, K. (2011) ‘Portal to Portaloo: Can Microfinance and IT Help Solve the World’s Sanitation Crisis, in A. Ashta (ed.) Advanced Technologies for Microfinance: Solutions and Challenges. pp323-340. Hershey, PA: Business Science Reference.
- Dayson, K. & Vik, P. (2009) Can MFIs in Western Europe be Sustainable? ‘Microfinance in Europe’. No. 5 (June) pp9-12 (contribution: 50%)
- Dayson , K. and P. Vik (2008). Making European microfinance more sustainable - lessons from Britain. European Microfinance Network 5th Annual Conference "Microfinance - a tool for growth and employment". Nice, France.(contribution: 50%)
- Dayson K (2008) ‘Conceptualising the Third Sector across Europe: Microfinance as a Case Study’. 38 th World Congress of International Institute of Sociology, Budapest 26-30 June (contribution : 50%)
Dr Kevin Kane (Salford Business School)
- Kane, K & Chiru, C & Ciuchete, S G (2012), 'Exploring the Eco-attitudes and Buying Behaviour of Facebook Users' Amfiteatru Economic Journal, 14(31), pp.157-171.
- 2011 Kane, K & Andreasik, M (2011), 'Developing a balanced project portfolio for a social enterprise - the case of SIFE in Salford UK' Serbian Project Management Journal, 1(2), pp.3-11.
Dr Nazam Dzolkarnaini (Salford Business School)
- Dzolkarnaini, N & Minhat, M 2012, 'Islamic financial instruments in corporate firms' balance sheet: a research note', International Journal of Excellence in Islamic Banking and Finance, 2(2), pp.65-75.
- Dzolkarnaini, N 2006, 'Capital control regime and capital structure determinants: A Malaysian case', Malaysian Accounting Review, 5(1), pp.1-41.
- Dzolkarnaini, N 2012, International Journal of Excellence in Islamic Banking and Finance, 2(2).